LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TikTok Challenge

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Social media rewards outrageous behavior, and the more outrageous, the bigger the bragging rights.
    Sensationalism.

Seems to be our culture. At least in America. I mean, it's the same with the news media.

We are fed snippets the most extreme situations, without any idea of the background and the full story. They are replayed over and over again with hyper-focused commentary. You would think nothing else is going on in the world.

Various celebrities and politicians are followed around and made fun of. And people--ADULTS--love it. Most seem to believe that celebrities and politicians deserve this treatment because they enjoy publicity. Meanwhile, nobody is connecting the behavior that the media is modelling with the supposedly big bullying problem that is ongoing in schools.

Ratings, baby.

I dont believe for a minute that it is ok for anyone to hit anyone. This sounds like yet another stupid show with immature people acting out for the camera.

I have a 32 yr old son and I would never be ok with him hitting anyone.

I agree with it's never ok to hit anyone, however a man has much more strength than a woman, and can cause more damage. Of course, that's a different topic for a different day. JMO...

Either way, I have no idea how "Tic Tok" works.

TikTok is a Chinese video-sharing social networking service. It is used to create short dance, lip-sync, comedy and talent videos.
    Originally Posted by HeartGoesOn
    I have no idea how "Tic Tok" works.
    "In the United States, 52% of TikTok users are iPhone users. While TikTok has a neutral gender-bias format, 44% of TikTok users are female while 56% are male. TikTok's geographical use has shown that 43% of new users are from India. TikTok has proven to attract the younger generation, as 41% of its users are between the ages of 16 and 24. Among these TikTok users, 90% say they use the app on a daily basis."

I'm having troubles adding a link. Haven't had success with it here for a while?
    Anyways, just search TikTok as there's other controversy surrounding it. They've been accused of data mining without consent. Lots of articles if anyone is interested.

Thank you, Wiseman and IAG.

Gold Member
    Violence is not acceptable.

To be honest, I'm amazed at how many challenges are absolute nonsense; yet, they've got heaps of followers. Thinking is apparently too much work, lol! In fact, there was a meme saying: "If they had called it the 'Stay at Home Challenge' and posted it on Facebook, the virus would be gone by now."

I love funny videos, whatover...

First off completely agree with you on this whole TikTok stuff, some things on that app can be just so anger inducing lol.

Secondly hi! Iím glad to see youíre still active on this website after all these years. Why do I say that? Well 3 years ago you responded to a post about a high school sophomore nervous about asking out his crush. You reassured him that no matter what her answer would be it would still be worth taking the chance. If you havenít already picked up on it that kid was me! And your advice was absolutely correct, as I eventually did find the courage to ask my crush out and she actually said yes! Fast forward and weíve been going strong almost 3 years now and are looking to move in together soon!

I would link you the post but it wonít let me but if youíre curious Iím sure you could find it on my profile.

I just wanted to thank you and to let you know that the advice you give people on here matters. Though you and the other commenters were just a small part of our love story you helped a young and confused boy find his courage, and for that both me and the love of my life will be forever grateful.

First off completely agree with you on this whole TikTok stuff, some things on that app can be just so anger inducing lol.

Secondly hi! Iím glad to see youíre still active on this website after all these years. Why do I say that? Well 3 years ago you responded to a post about a high school sophomore nervous about asking out his crush. You reassured him that no matter what her answer would be it would still be worth taking the chance. If you havenít already picked up on it that kid was me! And your advice was absolutely correct, as I eventually did find the courage to ask my crush out and she actually said yes! Fast forward and weíve been going strong almost 3 years now and are looking to move in together soon!

I would link you the post but it wonít let me but if youíre curious Iím sure you could find it on my profile.

I just wanted to thank you and to let you know that the advice you give people on here matters. Though you and the other commenters were just a small part of our love story you helped a young and confused boy find his courage, and for that both me and the love of my life will be forever grateful.
    I read this, and I swear I sat in amazement for a few moments and then got choked up. You are a very sweet person to not only come back and update but to say words I will never forget.
    I joined this site in hopes to help people, but you never really know. 90% of the time posters leave and you never hear an update and it'a rare to have anyone say thank you or tell you if you made any kind of difference. So your words meant a great deal to me.

Secondly, I am so happy for you. You always had a strong heart in you, you just had to believe in yourself and in the courage and strength you possessed and will always possess.
    You are a good human being with a good heart.
    I will always keep my fingers crossed for both you and your girlfriend, and I will always hope for the best for both of you. You both deserve happiness and love.

I hope you will come back and update when you can. Once again, thank you for being you. Your words really touched me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice