Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My wife hates my brotherís wife and I canít handle it. It is making me depressed

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Fishbite
    Do you still talk to your sister?

There is no mention here that Eskimoís sister in law is a bully.
    I have boundaries. I never ask her to do anything one on one. We don't have a close sister relationship where we shop together, etc. I see her at family gatherings where other people are there -- she just thinks i am busy like everyone else. Her husband, luckily, is a fun, easy going guy and tell her to lighten up or will step in and ask the "target" of her ire "hey, would you go pick up the pizza with me?" or "i heard that you got to go kayaking.." or in other ways "rescue" them. BIIIIG difference than the OP because the OP's brother does NOTHING and neither does the OP. My guy couldn't take her one day (she just had her claws out at me for no reason - i had just walked in the room) and made a strong comment once to defend me as well. So ever since, she does not DARE say boo to him.

Platinum Member
    I am trying to have an adult conversation here. There is no need for smugs and tongues. If you are suggesting that this could happen to me, it already has.
    You are the one who mentioned kindergarten. Bully was just a random example. But you don't need to pull hair to be a nightmare of a person to deal with

Okay thanks for the insight everyone. I understand and respect your points of view and I agree, the OP and the brother should be doing more to hold the SIL more accountable.

Platinum Member
    Okay thanks for the insight everyone. I understand and respect your points of view and I agree, the OP and the brother should be doing more to hold the SIL more accountable.
    The OP does not need to keep SIL accountable. He needs to protect his family by not inviting her to the home, to not join brother and SIL for outings at this time, etc. - in otherwords remove his wife from the situation with no protest

Platinum Member
    So instead of addressing the person who is attacking your wife, you attack your pregnant wife on why she can't just suck it up?

She and her aren't buddies, and you need to be okay with this. You and bro will just need to do things on your own when visiting each other.

And your wife clams up about it because you keep telling her, your brother's happiness is top priority. If you want to talk about things, make sure you show support for her over everyone else.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Videos

Most Women Rather Not Date Unemployed Men

Why Young People Don't Rush To Marry? They Fear Divorce

Why People Lie On Online Dating Services?

Relationships During Quarantine

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?
Give Advice
Ask For Advice