Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Female supervisor harassment or something else ?

She has no right. Put her in her place and let it be well known that you do not like it nor want it.

If she's got any sense in her at all, she will back off.

Report to HR, draft a formal mail or personally see and report it to the HR director.
    Dont worry for you being new to the company, all need to be treated with respect and completely professional.This applies to everybody in the company regardless of who or how long they have been with the company. You will keep changing companies but the problem will never be fixed.
    I wouldnt mind telling my next company that i left for this either. You stood up for yourself and the company values. That speaks volumes about your character.

Good luck and take care.

Platinum Member
    I agree with the rest of the folks here. Report her to the HR.

Why these things never happen to me? God damn! Always happen to the wrong person.

Platinum Member
    She is clearly not interested in you but enjoys humiliating you.

Next time she is inappropriate, tell her directly that you do not appreciate physical contact in the workplace.
    It is very ok to do that.

She might respond well to it.

Do not run to HR. Stand up and just talk to her calmly. Are you attracted to her? Are you dating someone? Why not mention your gf or wife frequently? Why did you post this in the flirting forum?

It sounds like you are not saying anything to discourage it directly to her. Keep in mind HR is to protect the company, not you. Running there tattling after working 8 weeks rather than managing it directly marks you as someone with poor conflict resolution skills and poor communication skills. Why did you leave your last position?

You also need to use physical barriers such as pulling away, saying excuse me, etc. It seems you've done nothing to stop the behavior including talking to her first (which is what HR will tell you) or talking about your wife/gf. Basically she would not "go to jail" for what she is doing, it is simply inappropriate and annoying to you.
    Originally Posted by chevelle1970
    Like you say if i were doing this being a guy, I'd probably be in court headed for a jail cell by now.

chevelle, for heaven's sake. When she puts her hands on you, jerk away quickly and say 'stop that.' Why is that so hard?

I third that...why have you not pulled away and told her "I'm not okay with that?" This really is a situation where you have to take control of it and be very direct and let her know, she has no right to be putting her hands on you.

You need to stand up to her.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by SherrySher
    This really is a situation where you have to take control of it
    Or not take control and have fun! This works too!

No.

This is not something that should be taken lightly. Men can be victims of sexual harassment too, even assault. I don't think it's good to send the message out that it's a joke.

Believe it or not, Dias, it can be traumatizing for a man if the attention if not wanted. Not all guys live their life being directed by their nether regions.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Videos

Why Young People Don't Rush To Marry? They Fear Divorce

Why People Lie On Online Dating Services?

Relationships During Quarantine

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce
Give Advice
Ask For Advice