Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Female supervisor harassment or something else ?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Never be anywhere with her in private, ever. Walk to a location where there are other people. I will guarantee you you are not the first person she has harassed. 100% she has done this before and Iím sure HR knows.

I know, Iím the guy and i should probably ignore it
    Please don't put the message out there that since you're a man you should just suck it up, or that this kind of behavior is okay...it's not okay.

It is sexual harassment and it's wrong. She has no right to be touching you at all. Say something to her about not being comfortable with her putting her hands on you and make sure you are heard.
    You have every right to and it needs to stop. She's obviously not taking you seriously as a professional.

Like you say if i were doing this being a guy, I'd probably be in court headed for a jail cell by now.

I know, I was just raised up by parents born in the 1940's old,old school ways.

Chevelle, if you're not comfortable going to HR right now, then next time she touches you...back away and say loud enough so she can hear but not yelling.. "I'm not comfortable with that". And if she asks "What?" say..."You putting your hands on me, I'm not comfortable with that".

It hopefully will be enough that she'll get the message and it won't have to be escalated.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by chevelle1970
    I know, I was just raised up by parents born in the 1940's old,old school ways.
    So was I . I am in my 50ís as well.

Hey, Thanks, I had to do this online, it's just embarrassing at my age to be dealing with this, this has never happened to me at work before, I got a man eater to deal with Monday.

Thank You lady, I appreciate the advice.

Platinum Member
    If you can pluck the nerves to say it in the moment Ďphysical contact beyond hand shaking, like *what manager just did* in the work environment makes me feel uncomfortable. Iím sorry I didnít say something sooner I just really didnít know how to communicate it.í

Or not in the moment, maybe that gets sent to her in an email.

Once youíve made your boundary clear if she keeps crossing it then itís off to hr.

That calling her in it in the moment is going to feel suuuuper awkward but if you donít articulate your boundaries how can people know them? Iíve certainly glossed over inappropriate touching from colleagues etc in the past but Iíve never had to go on seeing them day in day out. Since the contact is on going I think it is worth expressing your discomfort. By making it general Ďphysical touch at work makes me anxiousí you give her a chance to modify her behaviour and save face with as much plausible deniability as she can muster so maybe least amount of hurt feelings.

Unfortunately, I have dealt with it about a dozen times. It is gross and ugly.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Videos

Relationships During Quarantine

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships

Forgiveness Does Not Always Solve Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice