Ever since our 3rd date he’s been acting weird

JetLayed

For the past 4 weeks I have been going on dates with a guy I met in a grocery store in March. At first i was a little skeptical because he’s a tad bit older but not by much.

On our first date we met up at Dairy Queen. We talked for three hours , he did majority of the talking.

He asked me out for a second date a few days later and the second date he cooked and made cookies for us at his house we cuddled and watched movies.

We had a 3rd date and we ended up having sex. Ever since the third date he’s been acting weird.

When i come over he will ask me “why didn’t you give me a hug when you came in?”

“Why don’t you bring a second pair of clothes over so you can spend the night?”

“Can you come get comfortable with me?”

“Do you want me to do this or that?”

“Can you come over?” And if i say “I’m busy today he’ll ask can he come pick me up if I’m tired

“Do you miss me?”

It’s like he asks me questions non stop The other day when i came over he was on the game playing COD with his friends and he asked me “do you want me to get off that game?”

And i said “no” I’m fine you can finish playing

TL:DR; he won’t let things happen naturally and let me be myself as far as getting to know him. He asks me questions as if he’s insecure about my feelings. Not sure if it’s a personal flaw or red flag

He's acting very insecure, very co dependant. That's why he doesn't let the relation happen naturally. It's like he's afraid of losing you already so he skips some important steps in getting gradually to know each other in favor of being too meshed too soon .

Not a very healthy attitude for a successful relationship.

It would be good to slow down a little. Spend more time doing activities together outside each other's apartment so you can really get to know him. Also not seeing him too much would be good (like two times a week). Normally I'm not an advocate for controlling the paste of a relationship but in this case, his behavior is making you feel uncomfortable and his questions are more about being reassured than getting to know you which is a red flag in itself but one never knows. Maybe he can learn to control his insecurities if you provide healthy boundaries. Only time will tell.

way too fast for both of you.

do you both know each other well in 3 dates?

i think you have started getting the signals that he is acting weird there already.

Take your time to know the person before you jump in for more intimacy.

Archived