Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do women like short men who are older? Is there any hope there?

Honestly, there are women that care about height. My sister, for example, is truly just not into it if a dude is shorter. You can't change what does or doesn't "rev your engine." It's just a gut thing. For me, though, it doesn't matter at all. I'm just shy of 5'9" and I literally give no f****s about a dude's height. Tall or short, it just doesn't even blip on my "attraction" radar. However, if a guy was superrrrr obsessed with how short he was, and had a bad mood about it, and talked about it negatively, constantly, I'd be put off, and it'd be brought to my mind in a negative light and probably annoy me. But if a dude would just joke about it with me or whatever? Great. I love having stuff to tease my s/o about. So if I had a short man that let me poke at him about it and enjoy it, I'd actually find that fun and sexy.

Platinum Member
    Personality trumps the physical casing if you have a chance to get to know people irl.

How is the fire that is you? Is it a healthy blaze fueled by ambitions and hobbies and self care or is it more like embers? What can you do to stoke it up?

Yes, many women choose the men first who are 5'11 and taller. That's just the truth. However, not all women do, a smaller minority do not mind so much about height.

But I'm not going to lie to you and tell you that height isn't a factor. Women just seem to gravitate towards taller men.

There's still hope though, not all women will turn down a date if you are shorter. You just have to keep looking.

There's no two ways about you are slightly up against it. I think you know that or you wouldn't be here asking the question. Height is a factor in women looking for men but not exclusively. After all you really only want the one if your persuing a relationship. My friend Bill was 5ft 2 and he was the funniest guy to be around, genuinely nice and kind, very successful in business. He did go bankrupt but only because the printing industry changed dramatically with introduction of digital technology. But he changed direction and made money out of real estate. Bill had a beautiful wife and 3 daughters, things went wrong for them and they split and now he's with Carol. Carol is 5ft 11 and it makes no difference they love each unconditionally. I'm 5ft 9 and I love taller women. My current girlfriend friend is 5 9 1/2 which she likes to remind me of. I dated a lady that was 6 ft in her socks and a few others all over 5.7. Don't worry about the money work on your confidence. That's the most attractive thing you can have. Yes there's plenty of women that want a certain criteria of man, when they have it they'll want something else. Best thing you can do is hold your head up and walk tall...remember you's the man......

Platinum Member
    Itís not your height thatís the issue.
    Itís your issue with your height that is.

You have dated women and your height didnít bother them otherwise they wouldnít have dated you.
    They didnít end it because of your height , more like they ended it due to incompatibility which may have included a lack of self confidence.

??!

Platinum Member
    Also I have dated men shorter than me and Iím average height for a girl.

I have also dated taller than me.

Confidence is more attractive than height.

This is a great example of a self-fulfilling prophecy. It's along the same lines as women who state "All men want supermodels, that's why I can't get a date".
    Originally Posted by ChrysChrys
    i just discovered that women are not interested in dating short men. This somehow explained a big mystery that had always gone through my mind: the reason why I have always been single and have never had a girlfriend

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    How short is "short"?

I am 5'2 1/2" and I know several men who are my height and shorter who are married, have girlfriends, have children, etc.
    I am also 5"2 and a half! I dated men who were my height. One is now married, the other has a long term girlfriend last I knew.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by SherrySher
    Yes, many women choose the men first who are 5'11 and taller. That's just the truth. However, not all women do, a smaller minority do not mind so much about height.

But I'm not going to lie to you and tell you that height isn't a factor. Women just seem to gravitate towards taller men.

There's still hope though, not all women will turn down a date if you are shorter. You just have to keep looking.
    Just to be clear- for me shorter was a preference - although not shorter than me. Shorter than average was my preference not me settling.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by SophiaG
    LOL! Indeed. Kissing with tall men can be an ordeal!
    Not with one guy -because he had a sunken living room LOL! Another really tall guy I know married a petite woman and was really creative so he designed a chair for her to stand on when he proposed.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice