Stress and Anxiety Guildance

I just had a confrontation with my family member about different kinds of work and it took it overboard. We yelled for a solid 30 minutes, she gotten my arm and made me feel like she was about to hit me or something. I told her to let go and not touch me, but she continued to yell in my face and chew me out. I then had to go outside and cry my eyes out because I was so stressed and pissed off to where I couldn't even do my work. I'm worried that all the yelling we did wasn't nessecary, but my anxiety and stress is high and I can't do anything to calm down or get help. Any ideas to help me keep calm and be able to focus on things?

aww. I'm sorry!

I feel like a broken record with this advice, but these stressful times. Have you tried deep breathing exercises and or meditation? There are tons of videos on you tube.

I have found, for the guided mediation, the trick is to keep trying different people until you find one that has a voice that you like.

good luck!

To:Lambert

I have tried that before in the past and I still do, there's just not as much of a variety of it as it was before.

To:Seraphim

I do try to go onto walks with my boyfriend if he's not working or have appointments himself, but I also have to be careful because of my neighborhood (too many creeps are out anymore on the road looking for chicks or selling dope >-

It depends. Is this family member a parent asking you to do chores or is it a sibling squabble? If it's a parent who is supporting you while living at home, just do what you have to do. If it's a sibling, just walk away.

Why not avoid the stress in the first place rather than escalate to a physical confrontation then wonder how to calm down? Especially since excellent suggestions about taking walks, meditating, etc is not an option for you.

I just had a confrontation with my family member about different kinds of work. I told her to let go and not touch me, but she continued to yell in my face and chew me out.

Best think to do is to walk away, go to your room and listen to music. To relax you can get a sketch pad and doodle/draw to take your mind of things.

Take a break more often, distance yourself, go outside in the yard and garden or make a nice sitting area, read a book, etc. There are so many things you can to to distract yourself from the stress.

Archived