LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Thread: Infraction

Infraction

Got an Infraction. Two questions:

1. Is it possible to know, which post (or specific passage) caused the infraction? I do not intend to challenge the verdict or otherwise defend myself. However, it is a bit hard to learn anything from it, if I have to guess myself about what exactly was considered "disrespect" in my 30+ posts.
    2. What are the consequences, I got "5 points" what does any of this mean?

Sorry, new to forums like this in general, still learning the rules.

I would PM a mod and they can tell you exactly what the infraction was and where it occurred.

If it's "disrespect", it means that your post was removed for flaming someone, or at least it was damn near flaming to be interpreted that way. I've been on this forum a long time and used to be way way more hot headed so I have a couple paged of expired flaming infractions at this point.

I think if you get x number (don't remember) of active points, you get banned. But the points expire after a certain number of months.

Once you get to a certain amount of points, you get banned. The infractions are to alert you to watch your conduct on the site. You were probably too harsh, or upset someone. That someone can blow the whistle on you by hitting that triangle at the bottom of every post.

Here's a link [Register to see the link]

Originally Posted by Fudgie
    I would PM a mod and they can tell you exactly what the infraction was and where it occurred.
    Can't PM for now, unfortunately, but I think I will just to be sure about, which part was the problem. Thanks!

Thanks for the link. Only thing I can think of is "calling out" one of the regulars on their projecting and unnecessarily harsh language. But anyway, will wait 'till I can PM the mod and ask. No point playing the guessing game.
    Originally Posted by smackie9
    someone can blow the whistle on you by hitting that triangle at the bottom of every post.[/URL]

awkpanda...Due to member privacy we don't discuss infractions/personal issues on the forum. Please use the "contact us" feature at the bottom of the main page with any questions or concerns.

Thread closed.

Infraction messages include a link to the original post and the full text of the post in question. I think if you read that text it will be very clear for you why you got the infraction.

Videos

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships

Forgiveness Does Not Always Solve Relationship Problems

Too Much Commitment Can Destroy Romantic Relationship
Give Advice
Ask For Advice