LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Never had a mutual relationship

Hi

So this guy I was talking about called me last night and I wasnít by my phone, and I called him back and texted to say sorry for missing his call and he just never responded at all? Isnít that so weird?

Originally Posted by Canonic
    Hi

So this guy I was talking about called me last night and I wasnít by my phone, and I called him back and texted to say sorry for missing his call and he just never responded at all? Isnít that so weird?
    No, not weird at all. Just like you can be away from your phone, so can he. A person can call you and then move on to do something else, get busy with that and not call back again until it's convenient again for them. This is all very normal and common.

This is also where you really need to learn not to go overboard with your reactions and responses. So he called and you weren't available. No big deal. You can text or call back, but you really shouldn't do both. If he isn't available or whatever, oh well. That's just life. He'll call back again whenever. If this makes you so anxious, you are over invested and need to take a big step back and work on calming down. Give a person at least 24 hrs to respond before you start thinking something is off. The older you get, honestly, the more time it may take for people to get back to you as they are busy with their own life and problems. Plus, depends on the relationship you have with that person as well. A bestie ight call you back quickly, while a more distant acquaintance might take several days or even longer. All normal. This guy, you aren't dating. He doesn't owe any instant response.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice