LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am stunned😔

I am stunned😔

Hello, It has been awhile since I was on here but I feel I need to vent. I have been through a lot of crap in the last 6 years and finally have joint custody of my daughter ( took 4 years ).

I have been dating this woman who I do love very much but recently she has been very cold with me. We had such a great summer and she lost her father in February and I was there for her throughout it all and she met my daughter in August and my daughter really likes her a lot we've been dating for a year.

She has been very bad lately. I don't know if it has to do with this virus sotuation but she got mad as I went to visit my daughter on Monday at my daughters moms house. She said to me "Don't ever go inside of her house" but I had to as I normally have visitation on weekdays during the school year at her house.

She told me that she was upset as I told her I used the bathroom and basically said to me " It's over!!!" And she will never be able to be with me again as she lost her "Peace of mind" and I stated to her that she knows me and my daughters mother are nothing more thsn co-parents but she didn't care and hung up on me and has not called me since Monday.

I did nothing wrong and I just wanted to see my little girl and was happy that I did as she rode her bike without training wheels. I don't knkw what to do as I am lost. It is bad enough we are stuck inside all day but now this?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I am glad you finally got joint custody. Itís perhaps your girlfriend is terrified of the virus?

Sorry about this. Just so I can understand this better, were her concerns about you and your ex or about quarantine?

Sorry to hear this. Why does your visitation schedule and terms suddenly bother her now? What was the argument actually about?
    Originally Posted by ynguns251
    she met my daughter in August and my daughter really likes her a lot we've been dating for a year. I normally have visitation on weekdays during the school year at her house.

Platinum Member
    Women can erupt like that for no good reason at all (sorry, that has been my experience). But if she does that over this? Maybe rethink the relationship.

Hi, I actually miss all of you and am so thankful to see you are all still on here to help. It only cost me about $20,000 but I eventually did get joint custody. I live in Indiana and she lives in Illinois so I usually get my daughter every other weekend and then one day per week.

I think my girlfriend is jealous of my ex and she knows we are only co-parenting and nothing more. I went over there the other day to see her and I had to use the washroom and then my daughter got on her bicycle and she showed me how she could ride a bike without training wheels and for some reason this pissed my girlfriend off.

I think you may be right even though I have been dating her for a year and I've been with her through the thick and thin of a lot of things that happened in her life.

One common denominator in this whole situation is my daughter and whether I like my daughters mother or not the one thing that we both share is a child who we both love very very much.

Life is too short and every chance I get to see my child is precious to me and if a woman doesn't understand it that I am dating then I think I should look for someone who will Life is too short and every chance I get to see my child is precious to me and if a woman doesn't understand it that I am dating then I think I should look for someone who will.

I think women with children are the most grounded people that I've dated even before I had a child and like my buddy who is a clinical psychologist tells me maybe that's what I need to find.

She just got mad because she doesn't like my daughters mother and I'm sure the feeling is mutual but she has to understand that when I go to see my daughter during the week it takes place in her area because she's in school usually. I would never even consider a relationship with my daughters mother and as my girlfriend she should understand that and be supportive to me which she has been but lately I think the stress of the closing of everything has been really getting on her last nerve.

Normally on a weekday I would pick my daughter up at 3 o'clock in the afternoon and keep her till about 8 o'clock because she has school the next day she's in kindergarten. My girlfriend really likes her and my daughter really likes my girlfriend but my ex and my girlfriend don't really see eye to eye and I explained to her there is nothing ever going to happen between my ex as far as anytjing more than just be co-parents!!

Agree. Perhaps a single mother who understands having kids and the challenges of co parenting would be a better match. If your current gf blows up frequently over routine things, it's time to rethink things.
    Originally Posted by ynguns251
    I think women with children are the most grounded people that I've dated even before I had a child and like my buddy who is a clinical psychologist tells me maybe that's what I need to find.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice