Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Can't send a private message

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    54

    Can't send a private message

    I would like to send another member of the forum a private message, however I cannot figure it out.

    I get this message:
    "awkpanda, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."
    Any ideas how long it takes to get the profile activated? Is this even the issue?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,860
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by awkpanda
    I would like to send another member of the forum a private message, however I cannot figure it out.

    I get this message:


    Any ideas how long it takes to get the profile activated? Is this even the issue?
    Thanks
    Yes, you need a certain amount of posts to be able to use the PM system. That number is never disclosed to discourage bots from being able to use the system.

    However, if you need to contact the admin look at the bottom of the main page and see where it says “contact us.”

    Also some members have their PM system turned off. If the person you’re trying to reach has their PMs system turned off you won’t be able to reach them.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    54
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Yes, you need a certain amount of posts to be able to use the PM system. That number is never disclosed to discourage bots from being able to use the system.

    However, if you need to contact the admin look at the bottom of the main page and see where it says “contact us.”

    Also some members have their PM system turned off. If the person you’re trying to reach has their PMs system turned off you won’t be able to reach them.
    Thanks. If you have your PM system turned on, would you be able to send me a test message just to see if I can respond?
    I just need to reach out to one of the other users, not an admin.

  4. #4
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,860
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by awkpanda
    Thanks. If you have your PM system turned on, would you be able to send me a test message just to see if I can respond?
    I just need to reach out to one of the other users, not an admin.
    I will turn my mine on for a min to see.

  5.  

  6. #5
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,860
    Gender
    Female
    Looking at your profile you don’t have the ability yet.

  7. #6
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,860
    Gender
    Female
    When it says on your profile “ send private message “ you will have the ability to send and receive messages .

  8. #7
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,860
    Gender
    Female
    If in someone’s profile that button doesn’t exist they either don’t have the ability yet or choose not to.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    54
    Okay, that's too bad, thank you very much for your help!

  10. #9
    Platinum Member bluecastle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    4,562
    Gender
    Male
    I've never known how that works. Perhaps you just need to post a bit more?

  11. #10
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,860
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by awkpanda
    Okay, that's too bad, thank you very much for your help!
    Yes, you just need to post a bit more to have the ability .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Videos


Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships

Forgiveness Does Not Always Solve Relationship Problems

Too Much Commitment Can Destroy Romantic Relationship
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •