LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't send a private message

Can't send a private message

I would like to send another member of the forum a private message, however I cannot figure it out.

I get this message:
    "awkpanda, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."
    Any ideas how long it takes to get the profile activated? Is this even the issue?
    Thanks

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by awkpanda
    I would like to send another member of the forum a private message, however I cannot figure it out.

I get this message:

Any ideas how long it takes to get the profile activated? Is this even the issue?
    Thanks
    Yes, you need a certain amount of posts to be able to use the PM system. That number is never disclosed to discourage bots from being able to use the system.

However, if you need to contact the admin look at the bottom of the main page and see where it says “contact us.”

Also some members have their PM system turned off. If the person you’re trying to reach has their PMs system turned off you won’t be able to reach them.

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Yes, you need a certain amount of posts to be able to use the PM system. That number is never disclosed to discourage bots from being able to use the system.

However, if you need to contact the admin look at the bottom of the main page and see where it says “contact us.”

Also some members have their PM system turned off. If the person you’re trying to reach has their PMs system turned off you won’t be able to reach them.
    Thanks. If you have your PM system turned on, would you be able to send me a test message just to see if I can respond?
    I just need to reach out to one of the other users, not an admin.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Thanks. If you have your PM system turned on, would you be able to send me a test message just to see if I can respond?
    I just need to reach out to one of the other users, not an admin.
    I will turn my mine on for a min to see.

Looking at your profile you don’t have the ability yet.

When it says on your profile “ send private message “ you will have the ability to send and receive messages .

If in someone’s profile that button doesn’t exist they either don’t have the ability yet or choose not to.

Okay, that's too bad, thank you very much for your help!

I've never known how that works. Perhaps you just need to post a bit more?

Okay, that's too bad, thank you very much for your help!
    Yes, you just need to post a bit more to have the ability .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Videos

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships

Forgiveness Does Not Always Solve Relationship Problems

Too Much Commitment Can Destroy Romantic Relationship
Give Advice
Ask For Advice