Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't send a private message

It also might be in your settings? I just looked around on the site and found the "private message" bar popped up on names with less posts than you. Or maybe it has to do with how long you've been on ENA? Just a lay person here who has the understanding of technology roughly on par with an 19th century farmer.

Originally Posted by bluecastle
    It also might be in your settings? I just looked around on the site and found the "private message" bar popped up on names with less posts than you. Or maybe it has to do with how long you've been on ENA? Just a lay person here who has the understanding of technology roughly on par with an 19th century farmer.
    😂😂😂 I think you're doing quite alright in 19th century agrarian society terms!

The number of posts required before using the "PM" feature is different for all members. When this is available, you'll be able to see where where is says "private message under your profile.

Originally Posted by HeartGoesOn
    The number of posts required before using the "PM" feature is different for all members
    Hmm, seems cool actually - it puts another barricade for bots to deal with. But is there any range? Or is it possible that I got unlucky and will need to post 835 times to use PM?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    They don’t make it super low because the once in a while trolls would just need to make a few dozen annoying posts and then harass folks via PM.

Originally Posted by awkpanda
    Hmm, seems cool actually - it puts another barricade for bots to deal with. But is there any range? Or is it possible that I got unlucky and will need to post 835 times to use PM?
    As I said, the range/amount of posts required is. not the same for everyone. That said, I can guarantee it will be less that 835 posts, so to speak.

Hang in there...

Ok, thanks for the responses (also, sorry if this was all explained in a FAQ somewhere, must have missed it).

I thought it was 50 posts....but if you have infractions that could be delayed because you are on their radar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships

Forgiveness Does Not Always Solve Relationship Problems

Too Much Commitment Can Destroy Romantic Relationship
Give Advice
Ask For Advice