Is this girl trying to mess with my head?

ajanderson32

I finally put my foot down with a girl I've been talking to for the last 7 months. I posted on here a while ago regarding the situation, and basically it was a lot of mixed signals. We continued to be intimate despite agreeing to just stay friends, we agreed to not be intimate anymore because of confusion, but we ended up having sex 4 more times, with her initiating it every time and me letting it happen. She kept coming back for more and asking me if i was talking to anyone and if i was talking to anyone else/trying to make her jealous. She knows i like her and would continue to find ways to cross boundaries despite us trying to be just friends. It was really starting to drain me, so a couple weeks ago i texted her telling her why i was confused, why she kept coming back to me for sex, and why she was acting jealous/sending these mixed signals when she told me she doesn't like me in that manner.

She said that she is sexually comfortable with me, and that the questions she asked me about other girls/her being jealous was just a joke. I don't know why a girl would joke about that stuff, especially to a guy who she knows likes her. A few of her friends reached out to me unexpectedly, and told me she is bad at expressing her emotions and is insecure. After this conversation we had, i was still confused. I don't know if she was even being honest about it being a joke or not, I've never heard of a girl doing that before. We haven't talked much since then. Actually, before this conversation we used to talk every day, sometimes all day and late into the night. She has reacted me to trying to be distant in the past as well, it really is a lot of confusing signals she's been sending me.

I've gotten to know her really well, and she knows me really well too. I still really like her, and I've been in denial about it for a while. After our conversation and me drawing the line, we haven't really talked at all. However, she does send me random texts and snapchats every now and then, but doesn't reply back when i respond. It's been nice taking a break, but i eventually want to reach out to her again soon. She is NOT the only girl i talk to, but i am closer to her than many others. I still casually hookup occasionally with other people, and talk to other girls daily. However i do like this girl a lot. Why is she sending so many mixed signals? What should i do from here on out?

It seems she wants dating or at least fwb, not just friends who hookup. When you step up and man up you'll start dating exclusively instead of having sex-pushing her away-having sex-pushing her away, etc.

You are the one sending mixed signals. I want friends, no I want sex, yes I hook up with others, etc etc. Why should she bother being your friend no less have sex when you are pushing her away and want casual sex with others?

Be clear. Tell her you are having sex with others so she can protect herself or stop being part of your fwb circle. Stop jerking her around and you'll stop being confused.

She knows i like her and would continue to find ways to cross boundaries despite us trying to be just friends. I still casually hookup occasionally with other people, and talk to other girls daily.

You received 6 opinions in your last thread mid-April, all similar. An overwhelming majority of well-spoken, intelligent people giving the same advice. You're not going to get the answer you want no matter how many times you post. The truth often hurts. Time to accept what you don't want to.

You received 6 opinions in your last thread mid-April, all similar. An overwhelming majority of well-spoken, intelligent people giving the same advice. You're not going to get the answer you want no matter how many times you post. The truth often hurts. Time to accept what you don't want to.

This.

Why post the same thing again, OP? Are you hoping that someone here will tell you that she wants to be with you, or?

She doesn't actually want to be with you sorry. Yes she's probably insecure and bad at expressing her emotions, but that just means she might be latching on to you because she's not an emotionally healthy person. She is not really that into you but she's jealous because she's a bit immature. She wants her cake and to eat it too. She knows you like her, you have been really upfront about that. All she has to do is say she likes you too and date you. It's that easy really. But she said she doesn't feel that way about you. She's "sexually comfortable". That just means sex and booty call. It doesn't mean love.

Actually a woman CAN just do FWB with a guy if she doesn't have feelings for him. I've done it. Not all women fall in love with every guy they sleep with.

Archived