Online dating heartbreak

Katie09

Hi guys..just want to..i dont know i just want insights and enlightenment from what ive experienced on a dating site. Ive joined a dating site just 2 weeks ago ive had a lot of encounter and theres only one guy that stand out among them. The guy was from Texas city and he was nice, romantic and seems decent on our first 2 encounter. But then on the 3rd time he demanded a whole body pic at first he suggested a pic wearing a swimsuit then when i said must i wear a swimsuit he said tank top n shorts will do. I said im gonna send it to him whenever i feel like it and all he said was Jesus ur something else and sent his shirtless photos. I sent a body pic from internet which he recognized.im not even sure if hes a fake account ive tried to check using his name n number but i didnt find any he said he deleted his social media accounts becoz of the previous relationship and wanted to forget and escape from everyone.but i thought we werent very serious yet so i let his explanation be. Ive sent him a whole body pic but im wearing a tshirt and shorts, looking decent actually. After that he expressed that hed just like me to be his friend im friendzoned...is it me or him?

As far as you know this guy could be in prison.

No one is real in on line dating UNTIL you meet in person and actually meet the person you have been chatting with.

You are not heartbroken since you never met or had a relationship. Disappointed yes, heartbroken no.

If you are going to do online dating you need to get an education on how it works and who is out there. You seem to naive right now to do it safely. Be careful and if a guy wants pics of you partially clothed before you even know him he IS NOT the guy you are looking for.

Lost

As far as you know this guy could be in prison.

No one is real in on line dating UNTIL you meet in person and actually meet the person you have been chatting with.

You are not heartbroken since you never met or had a relationship. Disappointed yes, heartbroken no.

If you are going to do online dating you need to get an education on how it works and who is out there. You seem to naive right now to do it safely. Be careful and if a guy wants pics of you partially clothed before you even know him he IS NOT the guy you are looking for.

Lost

Completely agree.

This has catfish written all over it. Like I always say, if it don't feel right, then it's not. I agree with the above post, don't be sending pics to a stranger over the net. You will regret it.

Some guys will romance women on the net and use the nude/topless photos of them for blackmailing purposed to exploit money out of ya. They threaten to send those photos to all the people on your social media. So think very carefully before you do anything regarding the internet.

Google articles on safety tips for online dating. Realize that everything is fantasy, such as your ideas that he's romantic, until you actually meet and spend months and months seeing who the person actually is over time in 3D.

I would put a hold on OLD until social distancing is no longer an issue, because you will want to meet someone within 2 weeks of communicating with them. You don't want to invest a lot of time into someone who might be a one and done meet up. When I did OLD, 9 out of 10 times it went no further than the first date. Try Meetup.com as a less stressful way to meet single men your age.

Agreed with all the above.

But what jumped out to me was your title of heart break.

Along with exercising caution, please be mindful of NOT getting attached to someone electronically after only talking to them a couple times.

You should remain neutral with anyone you haven't really met in person. If not you'll find online dating to be really discouraging and you'll continue to be a target to creeps who call themselves Jesus.

Good grief, are you really that naive? A complete stranger is asking for body photos of yourself, he's actually hoping for nudes so I am glad you didnt do that. You can end up splashed around the world for the rest of your life if you do stupid things like nudes or semi nudes.

This guy being romantic? He's a STRANGER! You dont know him or anything about him. Stop being so foolish as you can definitely live to regret it.

Skip OLD until times are better and you can meet real people in your own area.

Good grief, are you really that naive? A complete stranger is asking for body photos of yourself, he's actually hoping for nudes so I am glad you didnt do that. You can end up splashed around the world for the rest of your life if you do stupid things like nudes or semi nudes.

This guy being romantic? He's a STRANGER! You dont know him or anything about him. Stop being so foolish as you can definitely live to regret it.

Skip OLD until times are better and you can meet real people in your own area.

Completely agree. Please don't date online or pretend to -this has nothing to do with dating.

Delete and block him. He's looking for sexting. Anyone who asks for or sends half undressed pics before you even meet is looking for sex/sexting. Never send pics like that, just head and dressed full length shots.

But then on the 3rd time he demanded a whole body pic at first he suggested a pic wearing a swimsuit. he said was Jesus ur something else and sent his shirtless photos.

Im not very naive but this is the first time i kinda like a guy from OLD and i thought he was a perv but when he said even with a tank top and shorts becoz he wants to see the the whole package looking for a potential partner need to see ive had second tots. I never and would never really give nude photos online. I just got confuse because he doesnt talk the way other pervs do he seems decent the way he talks and claimed that he was a teacher he says he lives in san antonio but the number area code seems in mcallen and even claimed hes a non denomination christian so ive had second tots. The first time he sent a shirtless photo ive asked if hes looking for a sexmate and said he isnt but anyways can they use cp in prison? I work from home so kinda feel hopeless to meet someone from outside out of nowhere...ur right maybe not heartbroken disappointed hurt ego and got confused if is it really me. I was always neutral in trying this type of sites hes the first guy who made my interest alive so...i really appreciate you sharing ur tots guys on this ivr tried meetup but the venue is always far in the north and i live in the south so i stopped checking out the site..

Im not very naive but this is the first time i kinda like a guy from OLD and i thought he was a perv but when he said even with a tank top and shorts becoz he wants to see the the whole package looking for a potential partner need to see ive had second tots. I never and would never really give nude photos online. I just got confuse because he doesnt talk the way other pervs do he seems decent the way he talks and claimed that he was a teacher he says he lives in san antonio but the number area code seems in mcallen and even claimed hes a non denomination christian so ive had second tots. The first time he sent a shirtless photo ive asked if hes looking for a sexmate and said he isnt but anyways can they use cp in prison? I work from home so kinda feel hopeless to meet someone from outside out of nowhere...ur right maybe not heartbroken disappointed hurt ego and got confused if is it really me. I was always neutral in trying this type of sites hes the first guy who made my interest alive so...i really appreciate you sharing ur tots guys on this ivr tried meetup but the venue is always far in the north and i live in the south so i stopped checking out the site..

But why are you talking about this as if you are dating -you don't know if you like the guy until you meet him in person and if he's asking for photos like that -huge red flag! You have no idea how a perv "talks" online -he's a stranger asking a stranger for naked type photos.

Date in person. Use online sites to meet asap in person. Don't meet people who ask for sex photos before meeting.

In this site its free for girls the boys have to pay a certain subscription and he tried the one month subscription. Well i wanted some ideas for clarification and opinions and advice...i guess ill search those type of apps.i think i know how a perv talks maybe this one is a diff level or type ive met a lot of pervs already with the dating sites ive joined before and also receiving on this site too. Guess his way of getting photos is just different from the others whos more straightforward and obvious pervs

I just asked a woman for a full body picture on online dating yesterday. (I didn’t specify what she should be wearing though, that part about your situation sounds controlling to me.)

I wouldn’t say I’m a pervert, but before I agree to meet up with a woman I do want to make sure that she is representing herself as somebody I could be physically attracted to. Sure, lots of women lie about their appearance in OLD, use other people’s or outdated photos, etc...but that just comes with the territory. If she is being honest and she has a body type I’m not attracted to, then why waste anybody’s time?

So maybe the guy just wants to see if you are his type? Nothing wrong with that IMO...but again, the way he asked would be a cautionary red flag for me if I was a woman.

Either way, it seems as though you have indeed been friend zoned by this guy no matter what. Let it go and keep swiping lol, “there’s another bus coming in 15 minutes.”

I know that idea somewhat can be considered thats why i gave a photo but wear decent clothes hehe i wasnt fat though which makes me wonder why becoz he saw my face and liked it but he chooses not to disclose specifics. Yeah the fact remains im in the friendzone yeah right hehe

When I used dating sites uploading photos was cumbersome. I gave my height and weight and 4 pics including one that was half-body. Height and weight were slim. I never supplied more photos or asked for them. Huge turn off to be asked. Maybe now that it's so easy to post photos it's a different sort of ask. I never met anyone who mentioned anything sexual before we met.

Archived