I need a third POV. My ex doesn't care that I'm going to kill myself

ssable

Hello everyone, I need a different POV from people I don’t know because I feel I'm getting biased answers from my two friends.

I (F17) dated a girl (F18) (Long distance relationship) for 6 months, but we clicked immediately and our relationship was perfect. We were in a healthy relationship.

I suffer from PTSD, chronic depression, and a little bit of BPD so I'm a bit messed up, but I told her since the beginning and she was always supportive about it and said she didn't mind and she would always do everything to make me feel better.

However, one day, without any warning, she said she couldn’t be with me anymore because I was interfering with (quote) "the good things in her life" and my mental illness was getting to her and she didn't feel the same love for me. I was in shock, since the day before we were perfectly fine. (This was like 8 months ago)

She was the only good thing in my life by the time since I was having a hard time with my family, education, my relationships and money; so obviously, I felt my life ended that day. I broke my phone, isolated myself from everyone, and I lived a miserable life in my house, rotting; and immediately considered to end my life.

I sent her a suicide note 2 months after, since deep inside I still loved her. I told her that I appreciated her because she was a great part of my life and that I loved her.I tried to kill myself by overdosing that night but I got caught by my family and they stopped me.

6 months later after the attempted suicide, she contacted me after a friend told me that I was survived. I fixed my phone, and I realised she answered my suicide by saying:“That’s sad, but I accept your decision. I hope you didn’t do it but I hope you’re happy.”

She then contacted me and she seemed angry by saying “You led me to believe you were dead for months.”

I told her I attempted suicide but I got stopped but I was basically braindead for months. I told her it was unbelievable how she didn’t even try to stop me when I told her about my suicide, and she said “What was I supposed to do? It was your decision and you were going to be better off death. You ruined my mental health.”

A friend texted her and she is saying that I “manipulated her, and guilted her into being in a relationship, and she ed me up by acting and faking my death. She also worsened my mental health.” Then kept telling her fake things about me and saying our relationship was nothing but toxic, and that I ruined her life with my depression and that I manipulated her”(Note: She never told me she had any mental illness other than anxiety. When she texted me for the last time she said she has bad abandonment and trust issues, depression, and some others. )

Our relationship: I gave her everything I had since she was the only good thing I had in my life in those terrible times. I would take care of her all the time when she had breakdowns, I bought her gifts all the time, I sent her letters every month, I was faithful and I would text her everyday telling her how much I loved her and I appreciated her. I also befriended her best friends (who are not the best people but I did it for her) and I’m really bad with people but I did it for her.

From her side, she always made up excuses to not call me, told me she would send me things but never did, always seemed like she didn't try at all in the relationship. She barely told me she loved me and I had to ask her for validation because many times I felt she didn’t like me anymore, but she said she is just bad with emotions. She was never interested in my friends or my work, She said she was always busy with school (or sometimes never even told my why she was busy) when all she did was sleep all day and smoke weed with her friends. I never got mad at this because I believed her, and it was hard being in a LDR so...

She was loving many times yes and she did make me feel better, thats why I defend her so much to the point if saying “maybe she wants me dead because she loves me and wants me to be happy” and well I think it faded away when she realised how I really am...

The only toxic things I ever did that and I will admit, was that I was really rude to one of her friends but I was defending her because she was talking behind my exes back, but she kept saying it was “her issue and I was demonising her friends when they’re innocent”I also had really bad breakdowns sometimes and would tell her like “youre going to leave me... you dont like me...” and would say that I was really suicidal and I admit that is a big manipulative, but I NEVER said I was going to kill myself, and forced her to talk me out of suicide, and I stand by my word of that.

Yesterday, in a violent breakdown and anger tantrum, I texted her and told her how I felt; that she was terrible for spreading lies about me when I was nothing but loving to her, that she thinks I “acted my suicide” and how abhorrent it was for her to just say “if youre happier dead then go on.” I told her I was going to kill myself again and I impulsively told her she ruined my life by basically faking our whole relationship and using me.

And she replied “ok”.

When I thought my life couldn’t get any worse, the person I loved the most in my life, now told me that it was ok for me to kill myself. My two only friends had to talk me out of suicide yesterday.

They kept saying that she’s a terrible person for accepting the fact that I was going to kill myself and not stopping that I she lied the whole time, and that she used me.

But I cant help but blame myself. I keep seeing her as this perfect person because she seemed like at one point she truly liked me and that maybe I was too depressed and she couldn't handle me anymore. I blame myself for not telling her more than I already did that I loved her...

TLDR; I sent my ex a suicide letter and she said that she was fine with me killing myself, and then after I survived, realised she's been talking about how abusive I was and that I ruined her life with my mental illnesses after I did nothing but love her and give her everything I literally had. I have also realised that maybe she was using me all these time, but I dont know... that's why I'm asking here.

So I ask, Is it my fault? Is it my fault she left me? Was I manipulating her unconsciously with my mental illnesses? Is she bad for not caring I’m dead? Did I pressure her? What did I do wrong? Should I feel guilty? Or is she the bad one as my friends say?

I tried to be as neutral as possible, not making my ex seem like the devil and not making me look like an angel since I did bad things too. But I’m really desperate since I’m suicidal about this...

This has ruined my life and permanently scarred me in unimaginable ways. I cant live with this burden anymore. I need help from anyone...

And please don't make fun of me for it being a LDR and us being young and lasting so little. The damage is done and I've tried to kill myself over it. Just be nice please. I just need to know if I was wrong or if my ex was wrong. I dont care if I need to "heal and move on." Or tell me that I need professional help. That's not what I'm asking. I just need a third person POV.

Thank you in advance.

What did I do that wasn't healthy? She promised she'd be there for me and she was a safeplace for me and just abandoned me one day. I know I wasn't the best girlfriend but she always said I was okay.

What do you think about her not caring if I kill myself? Everyone seems to ignore it.

What did I do that wasn't healthy? She promised she'd be there for me and she was a safeplace for me and just abandoned me one day. I know I wasn't the best girlfriend but she always said I was okay.

What do you think about her not caring if I kill myself? Everyone seems to ignore it.

I think she is not a good person for you to have in your life.

I doubt she wants you dead but she does realize she isn't the proper person to give you help and support. The way she worded it isn't great but she is a teen, after all. She probably didn't know what to say.

Please do confide in your family and let them love and support you. They want you to live!

I suffer from PTSD, chronic depression, and a little bit of BPD so I'm a bit messed up,

I sent her a suicide note 2 months after,

My POV is that anyone who suffers from PTSD, chronic depression and BPD .... AND thinks about and attempts suicide, should urgently seek professional help. The sooner the better. Also, (and this is NOT intended to be mean), but yes, I would also dare to say sending your friend a suicide note is/was very manipulative and an awful thing to do to anyone (imo). It can ruin their life too forever by forever carrying the burden that THEY are to blame for someone's death.

Please seek support from your family/loved ones and most of all, more importantly, get the professional help you desperately need to help you sort out all of your issues to get you into a healthier place, You're still very very young and professional counselling is vital at this point, for your entire future. (Again, imo). I wish you well.

You are an extremely manipulative person. You sent her a letter that you would kill yourself hoping it would make her run back to you. I would seek professional help - perhaps a program where you are hospitalized would be beneficial to you. She never said she was "fine" with you killing yourself. She said she hoped you didn't, but respected your decision. She just didn't run you to like you wanted.

It was a suicide letter, I did it because I loved her and I wanted to say goodbye. Why would I send a suicide letter if I'm going to be dead after I send it? I didn't hope she was going to run back to me. I was supposed to be dead.

I was stopped and thats when I realised her answer.

Also it hurts as a suicidal person to not be talked out of it. She later said "I couldn't stop you but you said you were gonna be happier death so I let you do it"

Hi , I'm really sorry you're going through some very difficult times in your life right now...

it will get better if you aim your efforts in the right direction .

Now, to answer your question, yes it was very manipulative of your part to send her a suicide note. By doing so, you put on HER the burden to save your life. Also, when you changed your mind about the suicide, you didn't even tell her that you where alive. that is Very very wrong and vindictive.

Now, you are scaring your friends and have them anxiously taking care of you by convincing you not to commit suicide etc. that is a lot of drama YOU are creating around you. You have to stop that behavior. Not only are you scaring peple around you ( your ex too, even if she didn't express it) but it doesn't make you happy.

She didn't " ruin "your life. she broke up with you. that is her right. she was not equiped to save you. your dépression was draining her and making her unhappy. plus she had her own issues and is not a perfect person.

if you want to get better and have a chance of happiness, you have to understand one thing : you cannot put your happiness in the hand of your friends or gf. As you can see, it doesn't work.

you need to learn to cope with pain and rejection. therapy will help you. you also need to concentrate your effort in finding activities that will "save" you by giving you strenght and self confidence. It could be engaging in some sport or a hobby that you are passionate about. it could be turning to your religion ( if you are religous) or learning how to meditate ( so many positive affirmation meditations on YouTube). the goal being that when you feel desperate and scared, you eliminate your suicidal thoughts by engaging in those activities.

Right now, if you do have suicidal thoughts , call a hot line. they are here to help you

Seek therapy. it will give you tools to create strenght and happiness.

Beleive that YOU have the power to save yourself.

Suicide notes aren't manipulative. I just wanted to say goodbye one last time.

I didnt change my mind, I survived. I broke my phone beforehand and had no where to find her or text her.

The whole issue here is that she didn't try to stop me from committing suicide. And then after that I addressed all that she did to me and she just said "ok"

I have given up at this point. I thought people were going to say "wow she sucks" but apparently I'm the bad one. I get it. I think it was a bad idea to have posted this here and on reddit, since everyones saying I'm the manipulative one and that my ex was good all along.

I dont care anymore. I'm going to try to kill myself tonight again. For all I know, no one will try to stop me since I'm extremely toxic and manipulative. Thanks for answering though.

What you don't seem to understand is this: IF all you wanted to do was "say goodbye one last time" you could have simply said all of that without the need to send a suicide note. Simply told her "sorry, it's not working out for me so it is best we part ways". And left it at that.

I'm sorry you didn't get to hear all you wanted to hear. This is NOT about taking sides, not her side, nor yours. We are all simply giving you our POV on the information you have given us, which is what you asked for. I realise you are very young and don't have much life experience, but PLEASE, please seek professional help, urgently. You seriously need it. Also, call a hot line and speak to your family.

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time.

At 17, we're all trying to make sense of life. And we're growing and changing so much. Its hard to expect, at such a young age, a person will "always" be there.

Break ups hurt no matter what. And both parties hurt. Its not so much who is to blame, as it is something we all go through, as we grow and change.

Things can change for a person and for no specific reason. Maybe you didn't do anything. But the relationship was not for her.

Its very important to make good choices to help build the life you envision for yourself. like right now, you need to make a good choice to surround yourself with your family, friends and get some professional help.

As for her not caring about your suicide attempt.... this is a very complicated aspect of any person's belief system.

People can use suicidal threats as a means to manipulate. We as a society don't always understand mental health issues and suicide.

For many years, a common opinion of suicide was that the person was selfish. because it is incredibly hurtful to the people left behind. The pain, anger & guilt they carry for not seeing a sign etc is long lasting. It changes the lives of the people that love you forever.

we're learning and trying to be more understanding to help people deal with suicidal thoughts and the such.

However serious you were or the feelings you ecperience are, some people still use suicide to manipulate others. As an outsider it is very hard to understand and even harder to know how to handle. At any age.

You're ex is probably not ok with you committing suicide but... its complicated.

She doesn't want to encourage more manipulations by reacting. She also is showing you, that this is not going to make any difference in her interest in being with you.

Wishing you the strength to carry on past this and seek serious treatment.

I didnt change my mind, I survived. I broke my phone beforehand and had no where to find her or text her.

The whole issue here is that she didn't try to stop me from committing suicide. And then after that I addressed all that she did to me and she just said "ok"

I have given up at this point. I thought people were going to say "wow she sucks" but apparently I'm the bad one. I get it. I think it was a bad idea to have posted this here and on reddit, since everyones saying I'm the manipulative one and that my ex was good all along.

I dont care anymore. I'm going to try to kill myself tonight again. For all I know, no one will try to stop me since I'm extremely toxic and manipulative. Thanks for answering though.

please don't. you matter. you cam get through this. your family loves and needs you. please think of them.

You are seeking validation from others. Strangers.

Why tell some random LDR person who you likely never met that you are going to kill yourself?

Why her over actual people present in your life?

You say it’s hurtful to not be talked out of suicide, did you give your family that chance ? No! But they stopped you anyway.

Why? Because they care.

It seems they care more about you than you do them! You didn’t care enough about them to warn them.

So go talk to people in your life that care about you . Not some random idiot supposed gf online or a forum.

Good luck!

Sorry to hear this. You need a doctor and some support from trusted adults. Do not threaten suicide. Call a help line if you feel that way.

She was the only good thing in my life by the time since I was having a hard time with my family, education, my relationships and money. I sent her a suicide note 2 months after

It was a suicide letter, I did it because I loved her and I wanted to say goodbye. Why would I send a suicide letter if I'm going to be dead after I send it? I didn't hope she was going to run back to me. I was supposed to be dead.

I was stopped and thats when I realised her answer.

Also it hurts as a suicidal person to not be talked out of it. She later said "I couldn't stop you but you said you were gonna be happier death so I let you do it"

When someone makes the decision to kill themselves - for real and not simply a cry for help (hey, i am going to kill myself guys. Run to me!), they tend to withdraw from people so they CAN'T stop them. They cut people off or push people away. You sent her a letter to "test" her. You yourself admit that it "hurts" to not be talked out of it. A person who commits suicide in a way that is a point of no return are not waiting for someone to come talk them out of it.

so you TESTED her and you wanted to support in your mind that she doesn't care because you delivered it in a method (physical mailed letter) where you would not be sure she got it right away, you couldn't guarantee that she would open it right away, etc. There would be no "win" for her. If she opened it a week later based on the mail speed, when she got around to opening it, etc, there would have been zero that she could do. If you REALLY wanted to be talked out of it, you would have called a suicide hotline, your parents, etc,

I think her response says that she is absolutely sick of the drama. People that are suicidal and seriously want help - they WANT to be talked out of it or 1% of themselves REALLY don't want to die, they go to the hospital. They don't set into play a Shakeapearan tragedy of missed messages.

She was sick of your drama -- yes, if you go on and on with how you would be happier dead, after the 1,000 time you tell someone that, they just can't deal with it anymore. They can't be your therapist.

Please stop blaming other people and get help, will you??

Keep in mind, suicide does not remove your pain, it only passes it on to someone else. Your parents will be utterly shattered. I have a loved one that committed suicide and will never recover. One of their children is voluntarily missing (adult, so we can't do anything about it) and the other one who had so much promise and was going for their master's degree dropped out of life, basically. the spouse ultimately died of a broken heart. And you can't take that back

You clearly do not understand, I'm sorry. I didn't test her. I was certain I was going to die that day so I just wrote whatever.

I survived, and I thought she was going to say something else, not just accept it. Because accepting someone's suicide to me is psychotic. It's because you dont care about them.

It hurts me for you to say my suicide is drama. People survive suicide attempts. It's not drama. I have talked people out of suicide no matter how many times they say it. That's probably the worse thing you could ever tell someone whose suicidal. Because if I happen to kill myself how would you feel telling me that all of this was "drama"?

All the answers I've gotten here and in reddit keep saying I was the manipulative one. I guess it's the truth since I asked for everyone's point of view. Thanks for answering. I dont need it anymore.

The best course of action for you is to not care about people who do not care about you. Most of all get to a doctor so you can address your suffering.

the answers I've gotten here and in reddit keep saying I was the manipulative one.

I have been going to therapy for 6 years and they never work. I asked the people and they said I was the manipulative one. I don't know why I asked any of this in the first place, I didn't know I was going to be attacked of me being the manipulative one when I never did a single thing wrong and I just wanted to say goodbye to her. People are ignoring the fact that she wasnt good to me in the relationship and probably used me and jump straight the suicide note and say "yep you're manipulative"

I did nothing but love her and she left me even after telling me everyday "I'll never leave you even if you're mentally ill"

And just because I sent her a final goodbye note I am the bad one.

I dont know why I asked... its not like I care anymore. Sorry for threatening suicide but if im manipulative as everyone says then i might as well keep doing it. This isnt going to matter any time soon.

Im so sorry youre feelings this way.

I realize the burden of everything is overwhelming for you.

you have two choices, you can reach out for help from your family and get the porper medication for your BPD among other things so you can surround yourself with people who wont make you feel this way or you can continue to feel alone.

People who really intend on taking their life don't forwarn others of their intentions with suicide letters. It defeats the purpose if you give them the opportunity to stop you.

They do it when none is looking.

To send her a letter and then be disappointed that she didn't try to stop you is being manipulative

I hope your parents are giving you the support you need right now.

Archived