Dating app guy is acting weird all of a sudden

Ash9352

I've never been on a dating app before and I joined one a month ago. I matched with someone and we kinda clicked. I didn't want to rush so waited a week or more to give him my number. The next few weeks were great we had multiple calls and texts and really were enjoying each other's company. Atleast that's what I thought. But I began to notice that with every passing week the frequency of our calls or texts was decreasing and i thought it was just hard since both of us are working and we can't be free all the time. And suddenly after a call one day he completely stopped texting like it came down to one text a day and then I didn't hear from him for a week and then he randomly texts me that he's at his Aunty's place. So I thought maybe he might be busy and didn't bother bothering him. A week passes by with no word from him and then suddenly he reacts to some social media post of mine like nothing happened.

I'm like so confused. Cause this guy was like I want to know you, I want to take this slow, you are the only person I'm talking to and now he is like fully ignoring me. Because I texted him something the other day and he took a whole day to get back to me although I did see he read the message way before.

This is really bothering me. I know we aren't in a relationship but I guess I want to have a clarity like what is going on. I'm not sure if it's me overthinking or it's all normal here. I badly want to ask him what went wrong or if this would head somewhere or no.

Do you think that's too much for me to ask? Should I just give it more time. Cause I've been waiting for weeks now for him to initiate something but that hasn't happened. Am I acting obssessed here?

I just want to know what's up so that I can move on accordingly. I'm sorry for this long post. I really need advice here.

You clicked???

Online?

With someone you never met and only know the online persona he created?

Yes , you are obsessing.

And worse , over some figment of your imagination.

No, you should not ask him what happened , because you shouldn’t care.

Why do you? That is the issue here. Not his actions or lack of.

Sorry!!!

Forget online dating during covid.

It’s pointless.

Focus on staying in touch with friends and family.

With online dating you should be able to weed out the players by arranging to meet sooner rather than later with your guard up and in a public safe place.

You can’t possibly do that now. So don’t even try.

Good luck!

Until you meet in real life, multiple times, don't put any stock into anyone.

There's just no way of knowing who the person is, what they are really like etc.

Only match their interest level at most...

Also just assume they are talking to many other people (ignore what they say. Its human nature to present ourselves in the best light and to not come across as player to someone we "might" like)

I would bet he either met someone else or decided the on line thing, during a pandemic, is dumb, as someone else said. No one wants to catch feels for someone they have not even met!

Put the profile away and focus on your friends and family... When the pandemic is over, maybe you can meet for a quick coffee. Until then chill.

Exactly. So you can't have a breakup talk. Rather, he just kind of faded and is checking out all the options. As you should be doing as well. Dating apps are not pen-pal sites. Even during this virus, the intent is to eventually meet a romantic partner.

I know we aren't in a relationship

I find endless chats and texting with someone I've never laid eyes on tiresome.

I have real life friendships and relationships I invest my time in.

I've done plenty of online dating. I never saw it as a way to acquire an electronic virtual friend. It was a means to screen people and arrange a meeting.

You'll never know if they are a good fit until which time they are standing in front of you.

He might have felt the same way

This is just the reality of online dating. One minute they are in hot pursuit, then disappear completely. The best way to tackle online dating is to remain detached, and initially keep friendship in mind before anything romantic. Am on online dating right now and have no interest in meeting in person until we are "allowed" to do so which clearly sets the boundaries to "maybe friendship" zone. And I am forthcoming about that to people I meet. Some stick around for a chat, some do not.

I say let it go, and move on.

This is just the reality of online dating. One minute they are in hot pursuit, then disappear completely. The best way to tackle online dating is to remain detached, and initially keep friendship in mind before anything romantic. Am on online dating right now and have no interest in meeting in person until we are "allowed" to do so which clearly sets the boundaries to "maybe friendship" zone. And I am forthcoming about that to people I meet. Some stick around for a chat, some do not.

I say let it go, and move on.

Yes if people date online this can happen because it's not really dating I think if people use the online platform just as a way to make the initial contact then - after COVID is over of course, meet in person ASAP then there's no relevant difference in dating

Well to be honest I may have dropped off as well in this situation. I personally hate talking to people online that I never actually met because 90% of the time it doesn't work out. Or in my case 100% of the time because I've never actually dated anyone I met from online dating. If it's not possible for you to meet due to coronavirus quarantine then maybe the guy thought it's too tedious to just keep chatting online and on the phone. Maybe you could ask him to video chat so you can at least see each other's face? Or say to him you want to meet in person as soon as that's possible?

He wasn't talking to other women at the time, but I'm pretty sure he is now. Actions speak louder than words....he's bread crumbing you as he checks out other options. And so he should because you two are not dating or have had the talk of exclusivity which would be a mute point. You shouldn't invest either, not until you are actually dating that person. It's all fair game.

Archived