Phone troubles

Suzyp

Hi all.

I have had an on and off relationship, for 6.5 years.

I have had on going phone problems, regardless of service provider.

Including not getting and/or recieving texts, or phone calls, my phone ( this includes at least 4 different phones), shutting off, randomly, not having service etc.

This has caused an awful lot of grief, in our relationship, as it is always blamed on me, personally. And gets to a point, that he gets so angry, and decides to not want to talk to me, or see me, even without him getting an explanation, as to why it happened, or possibilities, of why. And then he starts drinking, and calls names, and is very rude.

Does anyone understand why he blames me?

It's nothing that i do!

Thank you

If that's your idea of a dream man, your self esteem/self love is at an all time low. Be alone. Work on your self esteem whether it be by reading books on how to do that and practicing positive self-talk and skills to do so, and/or seek therapy. Otherwise, you will forever subject yourself to unhealthy relationships.

I too get irritated at trying to have a conversation with someone with phone troubles and sometimes I do have to end the conversation because there's no point. But I don't take it out on the friendship -it's not the person's fault. He's using the phone as an excuse. Please stop being such a doormat.

Why he blames you? Because he wants to. Since you won't dump him, you are an easy and willing punching bag for him. When he wants to rage, drink, be verbally abusive toward you, he has the perfect excuse and it's not the phone, it's your inability to kick him out of your life permanently. Why on earth do you put with that and please don't say love or he is really nice when he isn't wasted, raging and beating you up mentally and emotionally - this is NOT what love looks like. It's codependence.

He blames you because he's an alcoholic, and has anger issues. Has nothing to do with you personally, only the fact you are still with him at his convenience. If it isn't because of phone trouble, he will blame the weather, or that it's slow at work or you looked at him the wrong way, or blah blah blah. You can't fix this. On and off again means that you are wasting your time on someone that won't change. Give your head a shake, and get away from him. You need to find some self worth and move on.

Sorry to hear this. It's better to get a good phone and have a tech person set it up.

As far as this guy? He sounds abusive. You need to get rid of him for good. the phone is not the problem, his anger drinking and verbal abuse are..

Read up on abusive relationships, it will answer all your questions. Google 'abusive' and 'blame the victim', then extricate yourself from this and get therapy to sort some things out.

Hi all.

I have had an on and off relationship, for 6.5 years.

he gets so angry, and decides to not want to talk to me, or see me, even without him getting an explanation, as to why it happened, or possibilities, of why. And then he starts drinking, and calls names, and is very rude.

You've had four different phones, tried more than one service provider and STILL you have problems? That's not normal. Are you living somewhere with atrocious signal? I don't see otherwise how such a pattern would continue. Nonetheless, as he's so awful to you anyway, use it to your advantage and cut off communicating with him full stop.

Archived