Trust Issues and Forgiveness (Please Help!)

qetye123

The girl I am seeing for some reason feels the need to lie to me all the time. I've spoken to her about it on multiple occasions and yet I still catch her out for lying all the time. A few days ago, she got drunk with one of her friends in the afternoon, and that night she called me and told me she was alone and that her friend had left. From here she started making sexual comments attempting to start a sexual conversation. Luckily for me, I was reluctant to respond to these comments as I was convinced I could hear her friend giggling in the background of the phone call. I then checked snap maps on snapchat and low and behold her friend was still with her. I hung up the phone and the next day I confronted her over text saying that I knew her friend was with her during the conversation. She sent me numerous messages apologising and saying she made a stupid mistake because she was "drunk". I haven't spoken to her since and need advice on how to react.

I am struggling to forgive her because of the numerous times she has lied to me and attempted to deceive me. The fact that she was trying to start a sexual conversation with me while her friend was listening and I was mislead into thinking she was alone makes this situation a whole lot harder for me. Any advice on what to do from here or any other opinions on her actions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sorry to hear this. Don't waste time on floozies like this. You can do much better.

she got drunk with one of her friends in the afternoon, and that night she called me and told me she was alone and that her friend had left. From here she started making sexual comments attempting to start a sexual conversation.

Whenever I meet someone, I set my private trust meter to a neutral 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. From there I observe and allow them to show me by their behavior over time whether I want to invest more trust or withdraw it.

If I suspect that someone is not trustworthy, I don't impose any obligations on myself to prove that--to myself or anyone else. I choose how I want to live. Discontinuing a relationship with someone I doubt is my decision, and I don't need to explain myself to anyone.

Speaking only for myself, it makes no sense to stay involved with someone I don't trust. It's not about their guilt or innocence, it's about how I want to live.

Policing someone else is NOT how I want to live.

Archived