Break up conundrum

MichaelMars

This is gonna be a long one, so put the kettle on.

Me (19 yo male) and my boyfriend (19 yo male) of just over a year have split up, due to him saying he wants to 'explore ' with other people, but still loves me. I've done everything I can to keep the relationship together, but by this stage, I know it's time to move on. However, I'm finding that I miss him, which makes the situation awkward.

Due to the complete lockdown enforced by the Government (COViD-19) I'm trapped in a house with him and his family. I want to move on, but constant reminders that he's there are making it very difficult for me. I want to move out, but for the foreseeable future, that's not going to be possible.

I know this is a pretty unique and awkward situation, but I was wondering if anyone has any advice of how I can move on when I'm trapped with him? Is there anyone else going through the same thing?

Many thanks in advance

Michael

Why is it not possible to move? Can you not stay with your own parents or other friends? What about getting financial help from the government and trying to find your own place?

This is a valid question. Your ex doesnt deserve your presence in his life tbh.

Sorry, I should have made it more clear. I can't move out because of the COViD lockdown, because all travel is prohibited and my family live on the other side of the country. COViD lockdown measures are being extended into the foreseeable future, so I can't make any plans to move. I'm a University student- term was ended early, and all of my friends moved back to their parents before the lockdown.

Can you rent a room somewhere? I get it, you cant go across country to stay with your parents. Even if you have to self isolate for 2 weeks in a new location, it'd get you out of where you are.

I have a friend sharing a house with an ex wife and he is actively looking for a place to move to. It can be done, maybe not as nice or convenient place as you'd prefer, but you have that option.

Yes, although it is going to be a bit tougher, it is possible to find somewhere else right now. Even if you have to find a roommate near by who you might not know but is close to your ages, or even asking if the government can help with benefits to get you into your own apartment.

Anything is better right now than to have all of you stuck together and none of you are happy.

Archived