Should my bf help his ex and kids move?

Britney02184

Nope not normal at all. I'd help a friend move but the children I'm fathering? Lol get a U-Haul ya ****in' freeloaders. Let the kids carry the sleeper sofa out to it. It builds character. I'd probably watch from while I enjoyed some Arby's in my truck.

Yes, it's normal and a nice thing to do. Don't tag along if you're going to be shooting his ex suspicious, catty glances. It benefits his children because money can be spent for needed things for them versus paying strangers for a job he can do for free. If you get upset over reasonable interactions like this, perhaps you're not cut out for dating men with children.

If they are HIS kids you are referring to then I am sorry to say that your question puts you in the evil step mother category no matter how many lols you put at the end of it. This is not about being a nice guy, it's about human decency and parental responsibilities.

Yes it's normal and caring and none of your business -please don't go -his kids don't need to have another person around when this is going on. You're not their mother or stepmother and not married to him so unless they need more help and ask you to help I'd stay completely out of this.

Yes it's normal and caring and none of your business -please don't go -his kids don't need to have another person around when this is going on. You're not their mother or stepmother and not married to him so unless they need more help and ask you to help I'd stay completely out of this.

Agreed. Not your kids, not your problem. Going will probably just incite drama so I would stay home.

No. He's your ex for a reason and should say there as your ex. Once he's your ex, there is no more "US."

His move and his kids are HIS responsibility. He has a big vehicle so let him take care of his own move and his own kids.

Stay out of it and live your own life. It's time to really move on. Don't continue ties with your ex anymore because it is unhealthy.

If they're your kids, too, it's a different story and yes, help move for the sake of your children's welfare. If they're not your kids, then no, the move and kids are NOT your problem nor concern.

Yes, I have Actually helped the mother of my kids move before! I get along pretty good with my ex but we are co-parents now, and nothing more.

Did your boyfriend specifically ask you to come as in “we could use the help?” Did he stipulate that you could could come if you wanted as in “don’t worry babe, everything is above boards and transparent?” Have you met the ex before and if so, are you on good terms? Those are the kinds of questions I would ask myself in regards to helping my significant other’s ex move. Keep in mind moving is always a stressful time for those who are moving...so if you can’t just work shoulder to shoulder and happily contribute it might be awkward for the ex. If you don’t go along there is nothing in your post to indicate that you need to be jealous or feel insecure.

Good for you for picking a guy with a good heart.

If I had not already been introduced to the kids and have established a good relationship with them, then I would NOT go along too. The kids have had the rug pulled out from under them with their parents' divorce, so it makes no sense to rub their noses in their dad's new relationship at such a sensitive time as moving from their home.

Broken homes are about supporting the kids, not disregarding their needs in favor of my own.

Archived