Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 60

Thread: Teaching credential programs

  1. #41
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,971
    Gender
    Female
    The volunteering with young children first is a good idea. Iíve worked with children and the elderly for a lot of my life. It is a long hard work. You also need a lot of diplomacy.

  2. #42
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    51,800
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    The volunteering with young children first is a good idea. Iíve worked with children and the elderly for a lot of my life. It is a long hard work. You also need a lot of diplomacy.
    Definitely and especially yes -diplomacy!!

  3. #43
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    172
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Once daycare centers reopen, get a job working in one. See how you like being around a large group of children for many hours.
    Thatís a good suggestion . Just like wisemans suggestion .

  4. #44
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    172
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    The volunteering with young children first is a good idea. Iíve worked with children and the elderly for a lot of my life. It is a long hard work. You also need a lot of diplomacy.
    That sounds like a good idea 😊. I also think maybe looking into preschools and daycares can be a start

  5.  

  6. #45
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    172
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Become a personal injury attorney. After this pandemic is over you'll have tons of business.
    I canít do it . Iím not a manipulative person. Iím not smart enough to be a lawyer .

  7. #46
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    172
    Originally Posted by abitbroken
    I could never be a teacher of young kids - not because of the kids, but because of the parents. The parents think their little angel walks on water and is actually a terror and who falsely think their child is extremely gifted and smarter than any other kid in the world, or the parents that push their kids too much. But that's just me. When i was in the performing arts, i hated plays that had kids in them - stage parents were the worst. Not as bad when its a 3rd grade ballet recital but really bad with an 'adult" play or musical with 1-4 kids in it.
    Wow . Iím sorry that you had unpleasant experiences.

  8. #47
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    51,800
    Originally Posted by Chocolate25
    I canít do it . Iím not a manipulative person. Iím not smart enough to be a lawyer .
    That profession from all I know doesn't require anyone to be manipulative -because being manipulative is unprofessional. I've met people from all professions- including teachers -who have acted in a manipulative way. Which is unprofessional.

  9. #48
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    172
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    That profession from all I know doesn't require anyone to be manipulative -because being manipulative is unprofessional. I've met people from all professions- including teachers -who have acted in a manipulative way. Which is unprofessional.
    Wow . I didnít know that . Being a lawyer or working with the law doesnít interest me .

  10. #49
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    51,800
    Originally Posted by Chocolate25
    Wow . I didnít know that . Being a lawyer or working with the law doesnít interest me .
    You didn't know that being manipulative in your dealings with people is unprofessional? And just not nice? I wasn't ever suggesting you consider the legal profession -was just commenting on your assumption that being "manipulative" was a required part of the job. I know of many lawyers. Those who act ethically and professionally of course aren't interested in "manipulating" -I will say that over the last few years I've experienced manipulative messages on Facebook sent to me by people who are involved in multi level marketing companies - they can't manipulate my purchasing choices but yes some attempt to and I really don't appreciate it.

    Anyway - my sense is that some hands on, front line experience working in a school or daycare setting with young children will give you a lot of relevant information. good luck!

  11. #50
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    172
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    You didn't know that being manipulative in your dealings with people is unprofessional? And just not nice? I wasn't ever suggesting you consider the legal profession -was just commenting on your assumption that being "manipulative" was a required part of the job. I know of many lawyers. Those who act ethically and professionally of course aren't interested in "manipulating" -I will say that over the last few years I've experienced manipulative messages on Facebook sent to me by people who are involved in multi level marketing companies - they can't manipulate my purchasing choices but yes some attempt to and I really don't appreciate it.

    Anyway - my sense is that some hands on, front line experience working in a school or daycare setting with young children will give you a lot of relevant information. good luck!
    No what I meant to say is that I didnít know that it isnít required to be manipulative to be a lawyer . Yeah you are right . There are manipulative people in various professions and education levels . Iím sorry that you had to experience it . Iím still in the exploration or shopping phase of jobs and careers . Iím trying to pinpoint my interests . They say itís better to do what interests you . I very much agree with your last paragraph. Itís best to get field experience at a school or daycare before setting foot.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Videos


Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •