LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Teaching credential programs

Bronze Member
    True . Substitute teaching doesnít sound like a bad idea .

Bronze Member
    No I havenít . I just think Iím not the right fit for medical billing and coding jobs .

Bronze Member
    Sorry I misread what you wrote . I think subbing or being a teachers aide is the way to go . I also think maybe taking a course or two in early childhood development could be a stepping stone . At the very least there are jobs in preschool teaching . Preschool teacher requirements arenít that hefty .

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Chocolate25
    No I havenít . I just think Iím not the right fit for medical billing and coding jobs .
    Keep in mind that teaching requires tons of paperwork and forms.

Bronze Member
    True . Nowadays schools teach to the test .

Platinum Member
    True . Nowadays schools teach to the test .
    No. It's not nowadays. I taught in the 80s and 90s. And it's not because of testing -that is one small part -teaching requires a ton of administrative work including forms, paperwork, grading, documentation etc - some of it can be done during the school day but from what I recall most cannot.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    No. It's not nowadays. I taught in the 80s and 90s. And it's not because of testing -that is one small part -teaching requires a ton of administrative work including forms, paperwork, grading, documentation etc - some of it can be done during the school day but from what I recall most cannot.
    What types of forms ? Itís been awhile since Iíve stepped into a classroom . What kind of documentation ?

Platinum Member
    What types of forms ? Itís been awhile since Iíve stepped into a classroom . What kind of documentation ?
    How about you check into this yourself -google it, and/or find a teacher who would be willing to talk to you about her or his job, his hours of work outside the classroom and on weekends, the administrative aspects. Honestly I'm surprised you're so interested in this career and you would ask this question - what level of due diligence have you done other than "I like working with children?"

Also, those cute decorations in the classrooms are not supplied and put up by the school administration. Those are usually purchased and put up by the teachers. I presume most schools reimburse for the cost but not for the time. Plus, grading papers, writing lesson plans, parent-teacher meetings, continuing education...it's a big time commitment for not much money. Which is why I think most teachers do it because they love educating children and not for the money!

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    How about you check into this yourself -google it, and/or find a teacher who would be willing to talk to you about her or his job, his hours of work outside the classroom and on weekends, the administrative aspects. Honestly I'm surprised you're so interested in this career and you would ask this question - what level of due diligence have you done other than "I like working with children?"
    I will google it . Sounds like a good idea . Well Iím still in the process of figuring it out . The grades Iíd look into are preschool and lower level elementary .

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Videos

What Is Good To Know About The First Date

Online Dating Websites Most Frequently Used By Older Adults

Blogging Helps New Moms Handle Parental Stress

What Do Men And Women Want In A Relationship?

Benefits Of Online Education

Talking To Children Is Better Than Reading To Them
Give Advice
Ask For Advice