LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: sudden stop in communication

Gold Member
    Here is the hard, cold truth: He is no longer interested. Sorry, I'm not trying to be mean. But you need to use some common sense and leave this guy alone. He did communicate with you by not responding. Muster up some self respect and move on. Nobody is that busy that they are unable to communicate IF they were interested. Stop pestering this guy, for you sake and his. It has nothing to do with the photo.

Originally Posted by Chiral
    I don't get how people can give up on others just like that.
    Giving up what? A desire to manipulate someone into opening a door that they've closed?

Respecting someone else's limits might not feel great for the ego, but the only thing we're really giving up is a fantasy about controlling outcomes. They've already done the rest.

Yes, people give up just like that. Either they are in or out. And this person is certainly out. Have you experienced the genuine pursuit of you that you feel it in your being? Its a happy place to be. This one is not.

He texted back, but nothing of great value. Still, he texted back.

Platinum Member
    You need to let go.

Itís clear heís not interested and likely only responds to be polite. Between him and your other ex, whatís with the desperation to hang on to guys who broke up with you?

7. 04-19-2020, 01:46 PM
    Reason
    Inappropriate comment.

Platinum Member
    Ignoring the gross obscenity for a moment, in which way do you feel you blew this?

Seriously? thats how you talk and consider and value yourself?

Its pretty foul.... Sounds like he didnt want anyway...

It was a series of them actually. I do admit they were actually quite childish of me at the time. But i also think he might have been selfish. The first one i can recall was when he did not invite me to go with him to see this one guy who was going to teach him about passive income. He wanted to go alone and I told him I wanted to go to which he responds that he thinks its best he goes alone. I didn't like this because as usual he had done it his way. I said i wanted a breakup and he responds that he will give me the breakup to which i then say i didnt mean it. Fast forward to another episode where his respond declines from instantly to several hours and i lose my patience to which i say that this is not what i signed up for and that i wanted a split. He again mirrors me and says that he wants a split to which again i come to my senses and then say that i didnt mean it. One time he was happy about the resume he had completed and had made this fun dance to which i shook my head and said that he needed to man up that it was too sissy and that hurt him because i should have been happy for him. He criticized my cleanliness and i began to do the same. I think i shouted at him unfairly a number of times in order to get my point across. He called me dumb a few times, which i hadn't done anything about but did keep it in mind. I think it added to the eventual lashing back in the above as i had enough of him doing things his way and these others. And so forth... and the biggest one was probably that he thought i cheated on him when in reality i didnt but played along to create healthy jealousy. It backfired.

Platinum Member
    OP, how old are you? Sincere question.

Sounds like a nightmare of fighting and games. Be glad you are broken up.
    Originally Posted by Chiral
    I said i wanted a breakup
    he needed to man up that it was too sissy
    He criticized my cleanliness and i began to do the same.
    i shouted at him unfairly a number of times in order to get my point across.
    He called me dumb a few times
    he thought i cheated on him when in reality i didnt but played along to create healthy jealousy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Videos

What Does Betrayal Do To Relationships?

What Is Good To Know About The First Date

Online Dating Websites Most Frequently Used By Older Adults

Blogging Helps New Moms Handle Parental Stress

What Do Men And Women Want In A Relationship?

Benefits Of Online Education
Give Advice
Ask For Advice