LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Confused

Confused

Me and my boyfriend have been together for 8 months heís bipolar so anyway he calls me up on Facebook Messenger at 6:00 am I was looking at my messages and I see there is a message from him are you up I quickly went off line and then he calls me itís really early in the am and I didnít want to wake up the rest of my family members so I hung up on him two hours later I messaged him what was up ? And I get this as a response sorry but I need someone who will be there for me when I need them to and clearly you cannot do that and he also writes we really could have been amazing together and he wrote it kills me to say this loose my number and he blocked me from everything his phone all social media I canít understand why he would get so upset over something so silly I really loved him and this is driving me crazy because I thought that he loved me why do you think he did this and do you think that he will be back

Platinum Member
    Has he done something like this before? Does he rely on you to help him with his problems? Is he medicated? How old is he?

I don't understand, as this does not make sense:" so I hung up on him?"

Punctuation can help your readers. One long, run-on sentence is difficult to understand.

Yes your lack of punctuation really makes this hard to decipher.

I think a big part of the problem is he is bi polar so he is not rational at least some of the time. Is he on meds? Does he take his meds?

Maybe a guy with a mental health issue is not the person for you.

Does he have a habit of contacting you late at night or at these odd hours? Is he on meds?

My ex-partner had a completely different schedule and if I knew there may run a risk of something going wrong, I'd either stay up and wait for him to come home or turn the volume up on the ringer so that I wouldn't miss a phonecall. Take a time out and re-evaluate whether this is a regular occurrence and whether this is the sort of spontaneous you want in a relationship.

Remember that just as you should try to be there for each other, both of you have to practice consideration and respect for each others' sleep schedule or other issues such as you living in house with others or disturbing other family members. He also needs to take care of his health. You're not his 24.7 or on-call nurse.

Does he live alone? What's his lifestyle like? Why would he be contacting you at that hour? You should know or have some idea.

Iím sorry about the punctuation. He is not on medication for his bipolar .he has not done something like this before. What happened was I woke up looked at my messages and saw that he had messaged me . I went off line because I was still sleepy and really wasnít ready to talk yet . He rang my phone early in the am and I hung the phone up because I didnít want it to wake up anyone else in my home . I sent him a text when I woke up . He said to me .sorry I canít do this I need someone who can be there for me and you cannot it kills me to say this but loose my number and he blocked me from his phone number and all social media

He does live alone . He is an old childhood sweetheart. I was having problems in my marriage and heís divorced . We reconnected. I really do not know why he called so early in the morning. I feel that he needed to respect that he did not . It concerns me because I really do not feel that I reserved to be blocked from everything

Deserved I mean

Sorry to hear that . Are you still married? He needs a psychiatrist not a relationship. You dodged a bullet. Take care of yourself and your family. He can call a mental health help line 24/7.

Instead of sending him a quick message telling him you couldn't talk because you didn't want to wake the household, you chose to hang up on him and then go offline?

And you think HE'S mistreating YOU?

Leave him alone for now. Work things out in your marriage if you're not divorced or separated (with intentions to divorce). Try not to decipher anyone at this stage. Everyone coming at you may seem appealing because you're confused about your own personal issues.

I don't think it's your concern what he does from now onwards.

I hope things go up from here.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice