Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Heartbroken and Devastated

Hi Buddy. Just read your opening message along with the following. The similarities between your situation and mine are spooky - even down to me about to turn 33 this month! I also feel like I have missed my chance to settle down with my soul mate. Speaking to people on here and reading their replies while I pour my emotions and heart out do help me though. When I get the sudden stomach sinking feeling, I reread the excellent advice posted by people who have commented on my thread and it starts to ease. Unfortunately it doesn't go completely, but I'm going to make a conscious decision tonight that this is enough moping around and every time I feel like that I need to get up off my ass and stop feeling sorry for myself, do something constructive!

Feeling sad is only natural, what helps me which is a different type of sad (haha) is watching feel good films from a mans point of view like forgetting sarah marshall! The bloke gets broken up with, goes through the cycles of denial, bargaining, missing her, crying alone at home listening to sad music - but right when he least expects it he meets a much better woman and his ex is left as single.
    It has the added bonus of having some funny moments in too so next time you're feeling sad bang that film on anad if it doesn't work - have a laugh that im that crazy it works to pick me up!

Im a hypocrite for saying it, but chin up buddy and I hope it gets better soon. You're better than her and deserve better.

Hi all. I hope youíre well. Itís been almost a few months now since I last posted. Iím still really struggling. She has moved on and with someone else and Iím sure moving in together. Engagement, marriage Iím sure will follow. I am completely broken and so angry about what happened but also that I canít seem to move on.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by rayj83
    Hi all. I hope youíre well. Itís been almost a few months now since I last posted. Iím still really struggling. She has moved on and with someone else and Iím sure moving in together. Engagement, marriage Iím sure will follow. I am completely broken and so angry about what happened but also that I canít seem to move on.
    Sorry to hear you're still having a hard time, OP.

Before giving further insight into how best to move forward, can you clarify: are you still checking her and her boyfriend's social media?

Yes :(

I can stop for a bit but then cave in.

Yes :(

I can stop for a bit but then cave in.
    You do realize doing that does nothing to win her back but does everything to keep you struggling.

She isn't hurting you; YOU are.

I recommend you delete your social media so you can't check theirs.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    You do realize doing that does nothing to win her back but does everything to keep you struggling.

She isn't hurting you; YOU are.

I recommend you delete your social media so you can't check theirs.
    So tell me what the hell do I do to get her back? I feel so stuck. Itís making me sick.

So tell me what the hell do I do to get her back? I feel so stuck. Itís making me sick.
    She is in a relationship with someone else. "Getting" her back doesn't seem to be in the cards.

Working on accepting the relationship is over for good is your best bet.

What do you do for enjoyment? Do you exercise? Play a sport? Have a creative, artistic hobby? How about your friends and family, can you ask them to provide you with emotional support? Bear in mind, it can't be one-sided with you constantly going on and on about your ex, but support in getting you talking about other things.

It's important to do something different from what you've been doing. Read my first signature line below.

I do have hobbies and interests but Iíve stopped all of it. Iím completely broken - from this but so many other things in my life like my isolation, financial issues, increased drinking since sheís left. I feel completely hopeless and just devastated. It should have been so different. Itís a joke where I am and what Iíve done. Had she not seen that side of me I maintain she wouldnít have left. It caused a snowball effect where she began to look at me with a microscope - is he too sensitive? Too emotional? I have nothing else to say other than I just canít move past this. And knowing sheís happy and work someone else, when I had hoped she might return given her past of doing that with me, is crushing me beyond belief. I wish I had the resilience in me. But I donít. And Iíve never taken a break up this hard. Itís shattered me. Itís basically someone freezing you in your weakest moment, highlighting your biggest flaw, and running away. I was already kind of embarrassed about it - and now I canít let myself live and be happy.

Time to seek professional help.

There's no shame in that. I reached out for help and I am now under the care of a medical doctor, a psychiatrist and a psychologist. I am on medication and am practicing things like breathing exercises and some light physical exercise.

If you broke your leg would you try to go it alone? Or would you see a doctor?

Your mental and emotional health should be treated the same way.

Please seek help, you will surely benefit.

And please stop the drinking. You don't need to become dependent on it and have more health issues as a result.

But I have done all that and on medications. Nothing helps.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice