Boyfriend mad at me for not texting

nko

I'm in a long-distance relationship with my boyfriend for 4 months now. I haven't messaged him for 2 weeks until earlier today and now he's mad at me for it and not talking to me. I don't get mad or anything when he's the one who doesn't contact me for quite some time, so I assumed it was okay. I don't want to fight and I think this is kinda petty but I don't know. I don't know what to do or say especially now that I can't go to him. Can anyone shed some light? Thank you.

Any reason you waited 2 wks to text him? Have you actually met this guy? Did you apologize? Why didnt he take the initiative to text you?

I waited cause he's usually working and didn't wanna bother him. Then just messaged him already since it's been 2 weeks since the last time we talked. And yes, We've met a lot of times before. I did apologize too.

You guys need to communicate your expectations and boundaries about everything before you do a LDR. Let him get over it. Then go and have a serious conversation about how much texting, when, at what times, etc. The expectations have to be equal and agreed upon so if anyone break protocol, the the other has every right to get up set and even end the relationship. Got to lay down some firm rules.

Discuss what both of you agree upon and how often should both of you should text each other so there will be no misunderstanding whatsoever. Everyday? Several times a day? Once a day? Every other day? Several times a week? Scheduled days? Scheduled times? Once a week? When? What time? How often? Which days? Be precise with him. This way, there will be no more fighting because both of you will be on the same page.

Make an agreement and adhere to it.

Archived