LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breadcrumbing from the dumper

Breadcrumbing from the dumper

So guys, my ex broke up with me 5 months ago, sporadically texted me throught this time.
    I am in no contact for around 1.5 months now. 2 weeks ago he texted me using his daughter and when I replied expressing empathy, he vanished into thin air and didn't respond (which made me think it's some kind of breadcrumbing (especially that he talks about his daughter as he knows I liked her, to mabey test me if and how I would respond)
    So 2 weeks later he yesterday he reached out: "Hi Jessi , I wish you a great Easter holiday ☺️".
    4 hours later I responded: "thanks, to you too ☺️. Happy birthday by the way"
    His response:
    "Hey, thanks that you were thinking of me 😍".
    It is a somewhat strange day, but I am happy to see how happy my daughter about the Easter bunny and everything"

I didn't reply and don't plan to as this also seems to be another attempt to breadcrumb me...

Has anyone of you had those kind of breadcrumbs from the dumper before? And is it the right decision to not respond?

Sorry to hear this. How long were you dating? What was the breakup about? It was an Easter greeting, you responded so that's enough.
    Originally Posted by SweetPotatoe
    S
    "Hi Jessi , I wish you a great Easter holiday ☺️".
    4 hours later I responded: "thanks, to you too ☺️. Happy birthday by the way"
    His response:
    "Hey, thanks that you were thinking of me 😍".
    It is a somewhat strange day, but I am happy to see how happy my daughter about the Easter bunny and everything"

We were together for 11 months. Breakup was about me being unconscious about anxiety issuesand an anxious attachment style which led to lots of discussions until after the breakup .
    Well I didn't respond after his last message - this one: ("hey, thanks that you were thinking of me😍,....." )

I do think it was just a test to see if he was able to get a response.

Further confirmed by his comment thanks for thinking of me.

This is all ego. He is a wack job that wants to know he can get your attention.

I'd keep ignoring him. And if he texts again, I'd ask him to stop. Or just block him now...

Who needs breadcrumbs from a wishy washy guy, a father no less.

A truly respectable person does not jerk us around. (hot- cold, randomly reaching out) And there is not need to keep them around.

Raise your standards & you'll find better guys.

Why not block and delete this guy? That would solve your problem.

Originally Posted by melancholy123
    Why not block and delete this guy? That would solve your problem.
    Already deleted the Whatsappchat and his number for now.

Originally Posted by SweetPotatoe
    Already deleted the Whatsappchat and his number for now.
    yay for you!

Yeah, stop responding for sure and just leave him deleted and blocked. Totally right thing to do.

What he is doing isn't even breadcrumbs, it's pure ego stroking. Look at what he is saying. He prompted you with an Easter greeting, you responded like any normal decent person would and he spun that around into "oh look she is still thinking about me." Like wth? Dude has major ego issues and is super manipulative. Looks like you dodged a bullet with the break up here to be honest. A lucky escape for you, so yeah, don't respond and otherwise avoid him like the plague.

Originally Posted by DancingFool
    What he is doing isn't even breadcrumbs, it's pure ego stroking. Look at what he is saying. He prompted you with an Easter greeting, you responded like any normal decent person would and he spun that around into "oh look she is still thinking about me." Like wth?
    Exactly what I was thinking.

I mean, at least the guy is naked with showing who he is really into: himself. But if you're interested in being with a partner who is into you too? Not this guy, not how he's constructed. Take this little exchange as a reminder of that, close the door, feel what you need feel, and thank yourself later.

Originally Posted by DancingFool
    Yeah, stop responding for sure and just leave him deleted and blocked. Totally right thing to do.

What he is doing isn't even breadcrumbs, it's pure ego stroking. Look at what he is saying. He prompted you with an Easter greeting, you responded like any normal decent person would and he spun that around into "oh look she is still thinking about me." Like wth? Dude has major ego issues and is super manipulative. Looks like you dodged a bullet with the break up here to be honest. A lucky escape for you, so yeah, don't respond and otherwise avoid him like the plague.
    This "hey, thanks that you were thinking of me 😍" was regarding my birthday wishes but yeah realized I should have just ignored the fact that it was his birthday yesterday too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Videos

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity

Most Women Rather Not Date Unemployed Men
Give Advice
Ask For Advice