LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Update He's ignoring me

Platinum Member
    I would love to know what he does for work? To claim he is so busy?

If you need to bribe someone to be with you or talk to you after 4 dates, it seems incompatible.
    Originally Posted by bloempj
    I sent him a bottle of his favorite drink with a little note saying I'm sorry for my behavior and would like to continue to be in contact. he replied saying he promises that he's not ignoring me, but that it has been really hectic at work due to corona. It's been 4 dates in total .

Sending that drink was just rewarding him for his lack of communication...next time send a nice gift to a man that pays attention to you, and treats you the way you like to be treated...get it? You reward good behavior not bad.

It also looks like a bribe for his attention. You knew if he had any manners whatsoever he'd be forced to contact you to say thank you.

I'm not sure why this made you feel better.

I used to bring food and things to my ex because I wanted him to want to keep seeing me. I had doubts about how into me he was, so I was trying to make myself more appealing and enticing by buying him things.

Trying to buy love is always a bad tactic.

It doesn't really matter if he's legitimately busy or not. A whole lot of people justifiably have very little interest in carrying on a psuedo LDR through the pandemic. Texting and calling gets dull quick for I'd even say most people under normal circumstances, never mind when navigating stay-in-place orders, working from home, and public shutdowns. If I'd been on all of four dates with a woman when this hit, even if I was interested, it'd be a "let's meet up ASAP once this has blown over." Granted he could have and should have been up front, but he hinted to it as obviously as anyone could.

If I had to guess, dude either feels obligated because of the gift or is honestly kinda spooked given you've resorted to sending things to his physical address.

Originally Posted by j.man
    It doesn't really matter if he's legitimately busy or not. A whole lot of people justifiably have very little interest in carrying on a psuedo LDR through the pandemic. Texting and calling gets dull quick for I'd even say most people under normal circumstances, never mind when navigating stay-in-place orders, working from home, and public shutdowns. If I'd been on all of four dates with a woman when this hit, even if I was interested, it'd be a "let's meet up ASAP once this has blown over." Granted he could have and should have been up front, but he hinted to it as obviously as anyone could.

If I had to guess, dude either feels obligated because of the gift or is honestly kinda spooked given you've resorted to sending things to his physical address.
    Right. Two good points there...

I mean how much can you like someone after 4 dates?

Sure there's the twinge of disappointment, but I'd venture to guess this has all gotten the better of the OP's imagination and ego. That this guy probably can't live up to anyway.

And then there's his side of things... And if he's not feeling it, the gifts is way over the top... men get creeped out, too.

Originally Posted by Billie28
    I would love to know what he does for work? To claim he is so busy?
    I can't go into detail about what he does, but he typically works between 12-24 hours.

24 hours? In one day? Cause, dang! No wonder he's so tired, must have toothpicks keeping his eyes open!

Platinum Member
    I can't go into detail about what he does, but he typically works between 12-24 hours.
    Do you actually want to date a guy who works this much though? Sounds like he'd have no time at all for a relationship?

Excellent! After 4 dates you're not exclusive so you are free to message other men.
    It's been 4 dates in total

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Videos

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships

Forgiveness Does Not Always Solve Relationship Problems

Too Much Commitment Can Destroy Romantic Relationship
Give Advice
Ask For Advice