Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boyfriend is getting me vibrating panties for my birthday.. what do I do?

Boyfriend is getting me vibrating panties for my birthday.. what do I do?

So Iím turning 19 next month, I have been with my boyfriend for the past 7 months, he is a few years older than me. I absolutely love giving gifts and really try hard to make them very thoughtful. My boyfriend is taking me on a weekend trip for my birthday which I love and am very excited for. However I found out today, he also ordered me a pair of $150 vibrating panties. I know I mentioned before that the idea of having a pair seemed like fun to me, but I never wanted him to buy me a pair, especially not for my birthday. His past gifts just havenít been romantic and I feel like this one isnít either. Not sure if Iím just overreacting though, I would love some advice, thanks in advance!

A weekend trip sounds pretty romantic? And he demonstrated he was listening to you and paying attention to things you mentioned having an interest in? Seems like you could be doing worse to me...

To be honest..it sounds like he views more as a sex toy than a romantic partner.

Men can be romantic if they want to be. But it all depends on how they view you and what they see your relationship as being. Unless he is just a really insensitive man who has no clue on what a woman would like.

But my guess is... being that he's older than you, he is enjoying the sex side of things rather than to view you as someone romantic and serious for anything long term.

No woman would want to wake up to vibrating panties on her birthday unless she was a hooker. A beautiful ring or something more along those lines would have meant a great deal more.

How is it that you're going on a vacation during a pandemic?

Platinum Member
    Yep heís all about the sex it seems.
    A weekend away would be romantic but the vibrating panties has negated that.

Your weekend trip away wonít happen anyway given the travel restrictions world wide so tell him to post the panties instead! Lol

Letís see if he does and respects the social distancing laws.
    Hopefully you will.

How is it that you're going on a vacation during a pandemic?
    I would like to know this too.

Just because you value being thoughtful when giving gifts, doesn't mean other people have that talent or desire. If you can't communicate what you want, value, or how you're feeling in a relationship, it's because you feel it's on shaky ground. If you bottle things up, you'll end up eventually exploding. Why not begin a discussion when you're both in a mellow mood, and rehearse what you'll say ahead of time so that it's a reasonable request with tact and not an attack?

Although it'd be nice if relationships were like magical fairytales where everyone constantly delighted each other with their thoughtful romantic gestures, it's not reality. People aren't mind readers. People might have backgrounds where they haven't witnessed ideal behavior from role models. Sometimes I have to spell things out to my husband with solid concreteness. Where does the romance come in? When he cares enough to hear me
    and follows through.

Are they rechargeable? Can you control it with Alexa?
    Originally Posted by Itsmebella
    he also ordered me a pair of $150 vibrating panties.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by Snny
    I would like to know this too.
    I would like to know this as well. Is your BF not aware of what's going on in the world???????

Platinum Member
    What were the other gifts?

Why are you going anywhere? Haven't you been watching the news?

If you said this, why is he blamed for being "all about sex"?

"However I found out today, he also ordered me a pair of $150 vibrating panties. I know I mentioned before that the idea of having a pair seemed like fun to me"

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice