Why is it so hard for me to get a girlfriend?

ManosMax

Hi I am 16 years old and I am struggling to find a girlfriend. I dont speak with many girls at school and none have approached me like other than friendly. The type of guys that have a gf are the ones that I dont like talking to and I dont even speak to. For example,people that want to play it as cool and that they are perfect while in reality they are just not showing their downsides so thats why they break up a couple of months later after the girl learns more. I am often called weird or unusual and I dont have many friends. I have some weird hobbies and I make sure that I voice my opinions clearly and I am not the type of guy that will agree just to attract someone or not to create an argument. Some of my hobbies include love of animals(I have a pet boa and a pitbull),drumming(that means that I heavily critisize people that just listen to whatever is popular and dont understand that the singers are trash and are using autotune,i have noticed that people that hear music like this are generally more of the guys I mentioned above and girls seem to prefer them.I also have a huge interest and knowledge in computers and I am the one that gets always called for help when something in a computer isnt working.I am also a passionate gamer which many people consider childish. In terms of appearance I am 185cm and 95kg so I bit fat but not obese,brown eyes and hair. What tends to make me angrier is that the guys again mentioned above that have gfs are so boring people,they only thing they talk about is sports. One reason that I tend to avoid talking to them is that they never say something interesting. For example,my bestfriend plays chess and even tho I dont like chess my self I always listen to him talking about it because its interesting.People say that being yourself is the best way but being myself isnt cutting,now I wont change for a female but why do I have such a hard time while others that I dont like have a girlfriend.

Thanks for reading my "essay",

Manos.

Dude. If I handed this to anybody that knows me they might have thought I wrote it. Apart from the hobbies you are telling MY story.

You have to believe me when I say life changes a LOT when high school ends. All the stupid popularity games are over and suddenly people have no more social reputation. They are forced to “find themselves” and meet new people on a new, more mature level of interaction. Trust me man - just hang in there.

You sound like an interesting a nice guy, you absolutely have a whole life of love ahead of you.

In the meantime I’d say take a deep breath and “shoot your shot” with a few single girls who you are attracted to. Even if you’re nervous af act as if you are confident and go for it. You’ll hear more “no” than “yes” so if that happens remember it’s normal.

Good luck young Jedi!

Dude. If I handed this to anybody that knows me they might have thought I wrote it. Apart from the hobbies you are telling MY story.

You have to believe me when I say life changes a LOT when high school ends. All the stupid popularity games are over and suddenly people have no more social reputation. They are forced to “find themselves” and meet new people on a new, more mature level of interaction. Trust me man - just hang in there.

You sound like an interesting a nice guy, you absolutely have a whole life of love ahead of you.

In the meantime I’d say take a deep breath and “shoot your shot” with a few single girls who you are attracted to. Even if you’re nervous af act as if you are confident and go for it. You’ll hear more “no” than “yes” so if that happens remember it’s normal.

Good luck young Jedi!

Thanks that is very good knews to hear! Hope it works out that way and I believe I can hang in there till highschool ends.

Have a nice day,Manos

"I heavily critisize people that just listen to whatever is popular and dont understand that the singers are trash and are using autotuned"

This is not going to win you friends. Or girlfriends.

Is it absolutely necessary for you to do this?

I have friends who love Britney Spears, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber...none of them are my cup of tea but I will not "heavily criticize" them for their choice in music.

Maybe rethink how necessary you feel it is to "heavily criticize" people for the things they enjoy.

Being a rebel without a cause is like shooting yourself in the foot. Nothing wrong with eclectic hobbies but being arrogant won't win you friends. If you are painfully shy or awkward ask your folks to take you to a therapist to ease the rough edges.

Hi I am 16 years old and I am struggling to find a girlfriend. I dont speak with many girls at school and none have approached me like other than friendly.

Archived