Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fiancée Ended 5 Year Relationship 2 Months Ago Now has someone else

It's why you need to speak to a lawyer ASAP.

You can still contact them via phone or email.

Silver Member
    Get online and find a solicitor NOW. There are plenty of them working even with the courts closed. Do not put it off. And email her EVERY DAY asking to see your son and keep a record of it. Every day, then "desertion" will be hard to prove.

I have emailed her regarding getting contact with my boy via FaceTime, so I will wait & see if she ignores it (which I expect she will) I kept it cordial & did not mention anything regarding me & her, just my concerns regarding our boy & the no contact so far.
    I asked if it was possible to get a FaceTime call today or over the weekend, so that I can see & speak to him.

Hopefully, she will respond. I will update later on of the outcome.

Good approach.
    Originally Posted by Hurt Man
    I have emailed her regarding getting contact with my boy via FaceTime, so I will wait & see if she ignores it (which I expect she will) I kept it cordial & did not mention anything regarding me & her, just my concerns regarding our boy

Good step. Have you emailed a lawyer or two as well? I think you'd find a real ballast in this storm on that front, if only to educate yourself on the various ways this can go down so you're not relying on her, a clearly unreliable source, for answers and stability.

If she ignores you? Well, in a follow-up email I would make it crystal clear, just in your tone, that establishing a co-parenting relationship is essential right now. Treat the relationship almost as if it never existed, hard as that is—nothing to sort out or talk about there, save the pressing logistical concerns of your shared child. If that doesn't get the ball rolling on this front, it at least buttresses your case if you have to go down that path.

So, so very sorry about this, by the way. Hang in there, keep talking here. You're going to get through this. Many have been in your shoes before you, and while I know that's probably of little comfort now, they have gotten through it.

Originally Posted by bluecastle
    Good step. Have you emailed a lawyer or two as well? I think you'd find a real ballast in this storm on that front, if only to educate yourself on the various ways this can go down so you're not relying on her, a clearly unreliable source, for answers and stability.

If she ignores you? Well, in a follow-up email I would make it crystal clear, just in your tone, that establishing a co-parenting relationship is essential right now. Treat the relationship almost as if it never existed, hard as that is—nothing to sort out or talk about there, save the pressing logistical concerns of your shared child. If that doesn't get the ball rolling on this front, it at least buttresses your case if you have to go down that path.

So, so very sorry about this, by the way. Hang in there, keep talking here. You're going to get through this. Many have been in your shoes before you, and while I know that's probably of little comfort now, they have gotten through it.
    Thank you for your reply. The lawyers are closed today due to it being the Easter holiday weekend (Friday & Monday) so I will need to do that on Tuesday instead.

Regarding the email I sent her,

I said pretty much what you have suggested to say in the follow up email, should she not respond (she still has not responded so far)

I just told her that I am not willing to be “replaced” in his life by someone else, as that is how it feels & that no matter what, it should be 50/50 regarding contact/getting & co-parenting him, as I am his Dad & his well being is important to me.
    Plus, I told her that it’s important for him to still know me & know that his Dad loves him & cares about him.

I also told her that it is not me that is making things difficult between us, I expected us to be amicable for our son no matter what, But by completely ignoring me like I don’t exist, it is her that is making this hard & I don’t understand why? As I have not in any way been nasty towards her like some people would & can be (causing trouble etc)

I didn’t mention things between me & her, just kept it about our baby boy.

As expected though, so far, still complete silence with no reply/response.

Thank you for updating us. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I hope by this time next week you will have spoken to a lawyer and have heard from her regarding your son.

It can be really difficult to try and heal heartache while co-parenting. I know it's tough, but hang in there.

But your focus on your son right now, he's confused too and doesn't know why things are like this or where his dad is. He needs you.

Well, it’s more or less been 24 hours since I emailed her & she has not bothered to reply back.

This is hurting me a lot, I had a rubbish day yesterday with my feelings in general & I was upset about my boy, I am missing the little guy so much.

I didn’t think that she would reply I guess, but part of me hoped that she would.

I just need to try get through this weekend, which is not easy when this lockdown situation is happening, being alone with your thoughts 24/7 is definitely not a good thing.

Thank you everyone.

Do you not have any family or friends nearby or that you could contact via phone or text?

Originally Posted by SherrySher
    Do you not have any family or friends nearby or that you could contact via phone or text?
    I do have yes, my parents & family can’t really say anything more about it than what they have already said,
    my friends are also the same, they all have been & are supportive, but they are more than likely getting fed up listening to the same thing’s, so I didn’t bother them yesterday, I just had a cry on my own upstairs.

Sorry, I don’t mean to go on, I am just up & down emotionally & it hurts me a lot, even trying not to think about it all, I cannot switch off from it.

My life has fallen to pieces, 2020 has been a rubbish year this far. What also gets to me is, I was a happy go lucky guy up until this happened, not a care in the world & now, that’s just a distant memory.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Videos

What Is Good To Know About The First Date

Online Dating Websites Most Frequently Used By Older Adults

Blogging Helps New Moms Handle Parental Stress

What Do Men And Women Want In A Relationship?

Benefits Of Online Education

Talking To Children Is Better Than Reading To Them
Give Advice
Ask For Advice