Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wrestling with depression and grief after breakup

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ArchieAnon
    I'm a bit curious about exactly what you meant here, MissCanuck. Could you explain this? When you say that our hearts weren't aligned anymore, where, from your perspective of course, was my heart in comparison to hers?
    Sure. My perception is that while you knew it was the best thing to let her go, you probably still hoped something would change and you could still have a future together at some point.

She sounds like she wasn't really that committed to a future with you any longer. In the time she knew you, she hadn't made measurable changes to her living situation that would make a relationship with you possible. I'm not convinced she genuinely wanted the same things you did, by the end.

Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    Sure. My perception is that while you knew it was the best thing to let her go, you probably still hoped something would change and you could still have a future together at some point.

She sounds like she wasn't really that committed to a future with you any longer. In the time she knew you, she hadn't made measurable changes to her living situation that would make a relationship with you possible. I'm not convinced she genuinely wanted the same things you did, by the end.
    Ah, okay, I understand. You are spot-on about me hoping for us to have a future together at some point. As far as where her heart was, what I know is that she was quite devastated, just as I was, at the breakup (that is, until she found someone else quite quickly). She was even willing to wait for me to feel ready and comfortable, but I told her to go and live her life without me restraining her anymore. And the excuse she gave for not having moved out all that time was that she was simply unable to (that is, until two months after I left). I actually worry about what she thinks of me now because I think she is convincing herself that I never truly loved her if I was not willing to wade through all this with her. Her mindset was that "everything is figure-outable," so I guess my breaking things off totally defied her system of logic. I hope she will understand some day.

Thanks for the clarification!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Videos

Relationships During Quarantine

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships

Forgiveness Does Not Always Solve Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice