Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Married best friend stop talking to me because he thinks I told wife about his a

Dishonest people are equal opportunity deceivers. They don't just lie to some people but are trustworthy with others. And they tend to view everyone else through the same lens. So if I'm deceptive, I'll assume that anyone who's willing to be my friend is either stupid or equally deceptive.

Whenever healthy, honest people learn that someone is a liar, they drop them fast--if they are smart.

So be smart, clean out your contact list, and align yourself with people who prove that they are trustworthy over time.

You'll thank yourself later.

Platinum Member
    Not to pry, but are you the same gender as your married best friend?

Originally Posted by Buttery2
    Thank you Skeptic76 and Cherylyn I appreciate those sound advices, i will apply it to my life and attitude going forward
    Yes, thank you for your kind words, Buttery2.

As with everything in life, all friendships or relationships, unfortunately, the best way is to learn the hard way. Live and learn.

Don't get hurt anymore. Mature and grow smarter! Be shrewd and prudent. You'll thank yourself for your discernment.

Platinum Member
    Are you a man or a woman?
    If you are a woman, then you are no better than him because you are allowing him to emotionally confide in you.
    I you are a man, and really cared about his family, i would have said "come on dude, you love your wife, knock this off."

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by jimthzz
    Not to pry, but are you the same gender as your married best friend?
    didn't see this before i typed, but i had the exact question.

I assumed Buttery2 was man, but now I am curious.....

Originally Posted by abitbroken
    I you are a man, and really cared about his family, i would have said "come on dude, you love your wife, knock this off."
    Either way, he/she has spoken up about it:

I donít agree with his actions, and have told him what he does is wrong and maybe he need professional help. As well a few people also know of his affair.
    But Iím the only person who has spoke up to him in the past and let him know he needs to stop.

Platinum Member

But Iím the only person who has spoke up to him in the past and let him know he needs to stop.

But you are not because you are continuing to listen to his stories of infidelity. Therefore, you are accomplice to it. If you really thought he needed to stop. you would have drawn a line in the sand, as you are only as good as the company you keep. "Do what you want, but i can't tolerate cheating around me. So therefore, do not call me until you start being faithful to (wife's name) and perhaps we can be friends again." I really think you are a woman waiting in the wing and are only half-azzed protesting this because you are waiting in the wings. If you are a guy, you don't have scruples.

He betrayed his wife, it's no shocker really that he's done this to you now too.

Take it as a lesson. If you see someone doing something wrong to someone else, you're not long off if you stick around.

Originally Posted by abitbroken
    [B][I

But you are not because you are continuing to listen to his stories of infidelity. Therefore, you are accomplice to it. If you really thought he needed to stop. you would have drawn a line in the sand, as you are only as good as the company you keep. "Do what you want, but i can't tolerate cheating around me. So therefore, do not call me until you start being faithful to (wife's name) and perhaps we can be friends again." I really think you are a woman waiting in the wing and are only half-azzed protesting this because you are waiting in the wings. If you are a guy, you don't have scruples.
    Do you even read and comprehend?
    There was no continuation of listening to his infidelities stated.

I was told about everything in one shot. As his friend I didnít even suspect until he dropped those bomb of information.

Donít assume: fact is we didnít really spoke for almost a year until he told me he stopped stepping out. Strictly need to basis.No flow in conversation.

Thatís why he didnít let me know he was being accompanied by a female on the resent trip.he is well aware of what my reaction would be.

Thatís someone Iíve known almost half my life.held him in high regards , to then in one conversation learn that he is flawed and not what I thought he was. It took a lot of mental work.

We grew up under similar circumstances
    Same background
    Even as adults weíve experienced similar struggles
    So itís was for us to relate and understood each other no judgment

Itís easy for you to say what you would or wouldnít do

I was a loyal friend despite learning of his lack of morality, itís unfortunate that he turned on me.
    But I will not be shamed by you

What do you mean Iím waiting in the wing?
    Are you insinuating that Iím waiting to sleep with my friend?!

If so,You are wrong!

First you claim I didnít speak up
    Then it was pointed out to you by someone else that I actually did spoke up

Now you claim I didnít speak up enough because Iím waiting in the wing ( waiting for my turn)

Sometimes the person who stand in Judgement have the most skeletons in their closet.

How well do you know his wife?
    Thatís why he didnít let me know he was being accompanied by a female on the resent trip.he is well aware of what my reaction would be.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice