Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: With all these dating threads...is anyone really "staying home?"

Platinum Member

With all these dating threads...is anyone really "staying home?"

It just boggles my mind..

The last few posts I have read are about people hooking up, people meeting new people...do people think that "stay at home" doesn't apply to them as long as they are not going to the mall?

This is the perfect time to find out how to be comfortable in your own skin, to learn how to entertain yourself, etc. Its a major life skill.

Anyway--- i guess i don't mean to rant, but its an observation. I guess there are always people who believe nothing applies to them, and their insecurity compels them to find a new relationship no matter how bad the timing may be...

Some people think "stay home" applies to "A" home. They interpret it to mean any home, not necessarily their own. So first date hookups at the dude's house counts as staying home. Or going to your casual sex partner's home counts as staying home.

And this is part of why this pandemic is continuing. People don't want to be alone so they'll risk their own life and the lives of others just to avoid being alone.

Not every place has these orders as yet. Keep in mind people are posting from various countries, states,provinces and jurisdictions. Each place makes it's own laws no matter how prudent or foolish. In fact threads are just being closed because of political rants. Not every thread needs to be turned into a corona virus debate.

Stick to the topic at hand about whatever dating dilemma is posted or ignore the thread/post. That way you won't get upset. People are tuning out PSAs at this point because everyone is inundated with it anyway. So your concern is just being tuned out. Right or wrong, that's how it is. So protect yourself from stress.
    Originally Posted by abitbroken
    The last few posts I have read are about people hooking up, people meeting new people...do people think that "stay at home" doesn't apply to them

I thought the same thing. A few days ago, it seemed like the dating posts had slowed and I thought, well that makes sense. But it seems you're right, people are still dating, albeit at home.

Maybe wiseman is right, their areas are not included. I heard on the radio, yesterday, half the world's population is quarantined. So half isn't.

I have been no where but home and the grocery store for a month. Now we're being told to wear masks (not medical, as to cause more shortage) while out.

I can't explain what others are doing, especially in other areas but it does seem like a lot of people either don't believe the risk is real, they're not getting the info, and or their govt officials are not imposing restrictions, all of which, at this point baffle me.

My state is locked down but there are other states in the US (particularly mid west and such) that don't have such restrictions. The public there isn't being educated and people definitely don't think it's a big deal. In some states, restaurants are open and yeah, people can go out so they do.

There are a LOT of people who don't take this seriously. As someone in a locked down/hard hit/serious state, well, it's not something I see often locally but yeah, it is going on elsewhere.

I myself am single and I live alone. I'm close with my family but I can't see my family. I can't think of dating during a time like this.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Fudgie
    My state is locked down but there are other states in the US (particularly mid west and such) that don't have such restrictions. The public there isn't being educated and people definitely don't think it's a big deal. In some states, restaurants are open and yeah, people can go out so they do.

There are a LOT of people who don't take this seriously. As someone in a locked down/hard hit/serious state, well, it's not something I see often locally but yeah, it is going on elsewhere.

I myself am single and I live alone. I'm close with my family but I can't see my family. I can't think of dating during a time like this.
    They will be hard hit soon enough.

Yep, people think it's "other's" problem, point fingers at countries, cities, etc. but there is a balance. I don't want to be shot for forgetting to wear a mask, but the exponential nature of this beast is not as easy as The US or this/that area is stupid.

Platinum Member
    So if it were me at this time and I was trying to meet someone I would do what I did back then with one change. I used to sometimes meet for walks - outside, at a museum, etc. I would do the same now, stand far apart or sit on a park bench far apart or walk 6 feet apart or more (which is what our stay at home order requires) and chat - would it be awkward - I guess -but less awkward for me than face time and at least we would be in person. No I would not touch the person at all. Perhaps we could each bring our own water bottle etc - could be fun! There are cultures -not mine- where people meet and sit far apart/don't touch. I could see that as a possible alternative. I would not meet anyone who had a cold though - maybe not even "allergies" depending. Because of the stranger aspect. Then I would supplement with face time.

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    They will be hard hit soon enough.
    They will be, it's just going to take a little more time. And you know, due to less population density, they won't have the numbers and losses like NYC but it's still going to be bad in their own communities. Smaller places have fewer/smaller hospitals afterall.

I just can't imagine dating outside the home at this time, or at all really. My dad keeps referencing "when you have a boyfriend again" but I was already leaning towards "no thanks" before this. This whole crisis has pushed me over the edge and made me more insular. To be honest, I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to go completely back to normal when this is over.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Fudgie
    They will be, it's just going to take a little more time. And you know, due to less population density, they won't have the numbers and losses like NYC but it's still going to be bad in their own communities. Smaller places have fewer/smaller hospitals afterall.

I just can't imagine dating outside the home at this time, or at all really. My dad keeps referencing "when you have a boyfriend again" but I was already leaning towards "no thanks" before this. This whole crisis has pushed me over the edge and made me more insular. To be honest, I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to go completely back to normal when this is over.
    Hugs love❤️

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice