LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: With all these dating threads...is anyone really "staying home?"

Silver Member
    We are facing a very complex situation at the moment where we need to be prudent. All in all, I wholeheartedly agree with Wiseman.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Eventually the theory of Darwin will take over.

Platinum Member
    I totally get that people might be in a different state...but when they specifically mention "we are under quarantine, so we didn't go out, i went to his place instead,' my head wants to explode. I'll make sure i fit myself with a mask over the top of my head to keep my brain in lol. Even before we were under a stay at home order, all i could think of was my relatives who are 90+ years old, family members who are infants and those with lymphoma, etc. I stopped visiting them the second that there was an inkling that something could be coming our way and i was still essential. But people don't all think like that. You are righ

Whether or not anyone "wants" to abide by the stay at home order (or suggestion, or recommendation, expressed by top medical professionals in many countries), it is totally irresponsible to disregard that recommendation and potentially put others at risk.

"I'm lonely" or "I'm horny" or "I don't like to be 'alone'" is no excuse to risk the health of others.

Yeah, that's my opinion and I get that others disagree. If it was just that one person putting themselves at risk, I would say none of my business. But lordy, elderly people and young people are dying and medical workers are being pushed to the edge because people don't want to stay home alone. Aren't we obligated to think about others besides ourselves?

And as far as I know, viruses don't stop at borders. The virus doesn't know its approaching a non-quarantine or non-stay at home order area and it won't decide to stop because that area's leadership thinks it's not their problem. And the virus doesn't care if we're lonely or horny or hate to be alone.

And I know, that was a rant. But it's driving me nuts that there are people who just don't care about anything but satisfying their desires.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Like I said Darwinism will prevail.

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Like I said Darwinism will prevail.
    Unfortunately, that would include taking innocents with them. That's what I have a problem with. Someone doesn't care about their own life, that's their business. But these people who insist on going out when it's not necessary are putting others at risk.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Unfortunately, that would include taking innocents with them. That's what I have a problem with. Someone doesn't care about their own life, that's their business. But these people who insist on going out when it's not necessary are putting others at risk.
    I feel the same.

Yep, people are scared no matter where they are from and whatever the guidelines are there. Joining a forum to talk about whatever issues they are having is a fine way to look for support. Whether they are socially isolated yet or not.

All of a sudden the average person has to deal with infectious disease and epidemiology concepts and jargon just to stay safe and wrap their heads around this.
    Originally Posted by greendots
    We are facing a very complex situation at the moment where we need to be prudent. All in all, I wholeheartedly agree with Wiseman.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Yep, people are scared no matter where they are from and whatever the guidelines are there. Joining a forum to talk about whatever issues they are having is a fine way to look for support. Whether they are socially isolated yet or not.

All of a sudden the average person has to deal with infectious disease and epidemiology concepts and jargon just to stay safe and wrap their heads around this.
    Oh sure...i think they should come for support. But there are more posts about "this guy i met up with in person last night" vs "this guy i met online last night." hopefully they will see the light on this. One can hope.

There's a difference between a recommendation and an order.

A recommendation is unenforceable. An order IS enforceable.

I see cops stopping when they see a group of people gathered together. I presume they are asking them what the hell they are doing. However, my area is under an order, not a recommendation.

Again, I think these people who are posting about going to a guy or a woman's home think they are complying because after all, they are at a home, not a restaurant or bar or bowling alley. But we have no idea where that person has been. We don't know if that person is doing the same thing with multiple people, if that person has been practicing social distancing while food shopping or if they're washing their hands regularly. Some dude you "matched" with on Bumble or Tinder or whatever app these people are using is a stranger. I don't care how many texts have been exchanged, this person is a stranger. And it's very ill-advised to be coming in physical contact with strangers. Same with someone's "FWB". Are you absolutely sure that person has been careful? And going to a guy's home on a first date? Bad idea all around, pandemic or not.

My job requires me to come in close proximity to a few dozen people, all working inside a building. I take care to not come within 6 feet of anyone and I try my best to disinfect my work area with wipes, I wash my hands and use hand sanitizer. However, I wouldn't take a chance trying to date or to spend time in person with a friend or family member due to my job.

If someone absolutely cannot stand to be date-less or sex-less for a few weeks then they have a different sort of problem IMO.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Videos

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships

Forgiveness Does Not Always Solve Relationship Problems

Too Much Commitment Can Destroy Romantic Relationship

Why Is It So Hard To Quit Smoking?
Give Advice
Ask For Advice