Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I canít trust my boyfriend

You both are far too young to be in a serious relationship. I mean, you might feel you're ready, but the majority of people your age are not...your boyfriend being one of them.

He wants to explore, he wants to "sow his wild oats", so to speak. whatever his feelings are for you and however much you guilt or punish him, it won't change the fact.
    He will just hide it better when he is chatting with these other girls or sneaking off to go see them.

You've been given a huge insight into what he wants and to what he is up to. You need to start realizing that it's not going to change. To be honest, I'm not even sure it should. He is young, he wants to explore. Being married and being with one partner is more for people in their later 20's,...but not at this age.

I think for both your sakes, it's best you let him go or at least realize that more girls will be in his life.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by brookieeeeb
    He constantly tells me how much he loves me and how he wants to marry me
    Oh, hon. This boy doesn't have the slightest clue what love is. He's not going to marry you.

My mom was generous enough to let him stay here as he got kicked out of his home. His excuse for his actions were that heís young and this is his first serious relationship as well. He constantly tells me how much he loves me and how he wants to marry me but itís so hard to shake this feeling. this is my first serious relationship and Iíd feel so empty without him, but on the other hand I hate feeling this way and constantly feeling suspicious
    Your young age is showing. You lack the maturity to make good decisions in matters of love, you just dont have the needed experience and that comes with age and growth as a person. He's a liar and a cheat, you know this. You are better off on your own than with a person like this. Dont sell yourself short by settling for this loser.

I get really insecure and upset and I convince myself that he just be texting other girls.
    You're not insecure. He's messing around.

Iím really at a loss and I have no idea what to do.
    Come on, girl. You do know what to do. Dump his ass. This is not your future husband.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Heís not even boyfriend material much less husband material kick his ass to the curb and if he has nowhere to live thatís his problem.

Does your mom know about his lying and cheating? You're better off raising your standards and sending this Bozo on his merry little way.

Don't marry him!

Never trust liars, cheaters, gaslighters, narcissists, sociopaths and those deceitful characteristic traits! Beware and run for the hills!

Those are all serious mental disorders for which there is no cure.

Platinum Member
    He is cheating on you! Why haven't you kicked him out and removed him from your life?

They are bf/gf. He's not your bf he's a freeloading lowlife.
    He would go see movies with her, met most of her family, and played house with her

See the situation for what it is. His words mean nothing. Look at his actions. These are his decisions and he is capable of controlling himself... These are his choices!

You are being blinded by love fir him. But he's playing you. He will not change.

The good news is, the world is full of other, BETTER guys. Work on yourself and build your own self worth. A guy that stays away for days, doesn't text or call back in a reasonable time, isn't giving you enough.

The sad truth is, some people are users. He is a young guy, sounds like from a bad family, has no stability.

We tend to think, he would appreciate what you and your mom are doing. Unfortunately, a person that grew up in a messed up family, with no where to go, at 19, will take what he can to survive. And just might not know how to accept or have loyalty, They are in survival mode.

Food, clothing, shelter, aka the hierarchy of needs. A person in survival mode, struggling to have any of these basic needs met, has capacity for nothing else. So he's using you, the other girl for a play station, he "has no friends".... These are all clear signs the guy is a project not a boyfriend.

I'm all for giving anyone a chance and or a helping hand, but they have to give their share, hold up their end, otherwise, they're just a USER!

If you can't stand up for yourself, stand up for your mom and don't let her kindness be taken advantage of.

Do it today.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice