2.5 years since breakup date

Chiral

Hi, my boyfriend and I broke up 2.5 years ago and we are still communicating minimally. He usually repeats the same phrases like " Everything is fine" and " Good" followed by an emoji. There isn't a whole lot of conversational material, but at least we are in contact. I've been trying hard to get back together but with no success. Something tells me to keep on trying and not give up on us. I'm just at a loss as to what to do to pull him stronger towards me. The relationship was 5 years strong and the last 8 months we argued as well as other happenings got in between us.

He does not sound all that interested in you or he'd be making a real effort to communicate. Perhaps it's time to let this go. It's been 2.5 yrs!

I know its been along time and I may be characterized as being stubborn, but I simply can't let go what we had and I am optimistic that something will come up sooner or later. Perhaps a good strategy is all that's needed as I've been nothing but letting him know how much i love him and want to be with him. It might come across as needy. And frankly i haven't tried the no contact. Its so hard!

A "strategy" will not make someone want to be in a relationship with you.

Have you even attempted to meet new people?

I don't mean " strategy" as in trickery, trap, setup, plan or of that kind of meaning. I mean to say that i might be going about it the wrong way. There's something well known called no contact.

I simply can't let go what we had and I am optimistic that something will come up sooner or later.

Well, I mean, you don't have to. But he already has. It doesn't matter if you don't want to give up if the other party clearly already did. You can hang on until your fingers bleed but it doesn't mean the other person will ever come back.

It's over, Chiral. You need to let it go.

In this time, you could have found love, a relationship, gotten married, etc. You are wasting your time.. Stop chasing and stalking him, let go.

my boyfriend and I broke up 2.5 years ago and we are still communicating minimally. He usually repeats the same phrases like " Everything is fine" and " Good" followed by an emoji.
I don't mean " strategy" as in trickery, trap, setup, plan or of that kind of meaning. I mean to say that i might be going about it the wrong way. There's something well known called no contact.

No contact is for you to accept the breakup and to emotionally recover.

It is NOT a get your ex back "strategy".

No contact is for you to accept the breakup and to emotionally recover.

It is NOT a get your ex back "strategy".

I think there's a bunch of youtube videos that disagree. Type in ' no contact gets your ex back ' or something of that sort and see the youtube videos that come up.

Yes, you can find anything you want on Google. And anyone can post a YouTube video. You aren't required to be any kind of expert in anything.

Please do not pay money to any of those "Get your ex back, guaranteed!!!" scam sites. And please do not pay a "relationship coach".

If you want to continue to pursue this guy no one can stop you. However, it would be a shame to waste another 2.5 years (or more).

We left it as friendship, so removing contact is like destroying that too.

But you're not really friends, are you?

You said he's short with you and doesn't initiate. It's one-sided. He doesn't seem to care if you're actually friends or not.

Do your friends and family know that you're still refusing to let go? What do they make of this?

Archived