How do I date a girl online?

Colonel23

[First of all, sorry for my English as I am not a native speaker]

I am a 21 year old average-looking guy with a height 5'8 and an average and somewhat athletic body (if that makes sense) and weigh somewhere around 63-67 kg (it varies depending on my current appetite). The only chance I have is use dating sites to find my ideal girl as I have no luck with girls in real world whatsoever. The good news is, using dating sites somewhat works for me as I can at least accumulate a few matches. Within the matches, I pick the ones whose physical appearances are up to my standard (look, my standard is about everything average at a minimum), then followed by their lifestyles (e.g. smoker which is a big no to me, no matter how attractive the girl is). One day, there was a girl messaging me first. After having a glance at her appearance and lifestyle, I started to feel attracted to her and asked for her social media and she gave it to me. We then began messaging each other on the social media app, but day after day, she seems to be losing interest in me as she messages me less often now and sometimes just even reads my message with no replies. Is it because my conversation with her did not go so well, or is she no longer interested in me now because we don't have/share mutual interests? I know there has to be some mistakes I made during my conversation with her. My question is how do I talk to a girl online so she can like me at least?

You have to arrange to meet women in person as soon as possible. You cannot date your phone, laptop or desktop computer.

Currently meeting in person is not possible, so that will make things more difficult. I would message back and forth with NO EXPECTATIONS. Do not assume because a woman responds to your message that you two are in some kind of dating situation because that's impossible right now. And message several women so you don't get attached to one in particular. Remember NO EXPECTATIONS.

You have to arrange to meet women in person as soon as possible

Yes, actually we did. We are in different countries and far from each other. I asked to if she could meet me in a particular country (neither hers nor mine). And she said yes and she would try to travel to that country at least in May. But if you mean I have to meet the girl in person within a week since our first online meeting, then it would be quite impossible for me for now due to lack of finance (which I will have to fully work on it next year i think) and the stupid pandemic is also the hindrance too :(

You have to arrange to meet women in person as soon as possible

Yes, actually we did. We are in different countries and far from each other. I asked to if she could meet me in a particular country (neither hers nor mine). And she said yes and she would try to travel to that country at least in May. But if you mean I have to meet the girl in person within a week since our first online meeting, then it would be quite impossible for me for now due to lack of finance (which I will have to fully work on it next year i think) and the stupid pandemic is also the hindrance too :(

That's what I said...that you can't meet in person right now. Which is why I gave the suggestions in my post.

Are you currently employed?

I used to be. But thanks to the virus, I lost my job. But I think I will have the chance to work with my dad next year at least. Once I earn enough, that will be more helpful I guess. With that being said, I can't meet any girls right now due to the reasons given above. Can you please give me some things to do when going on a date with a girl (in person), this question may sound stupid to you, but I am utterly new to this and don't want to make mistakes.

Do you live with your parents? How old are you?

A nice getting to know you date is coffee or ice cream. Dinner is too much pressure and a film doesn't allow you two to chat. So I would suggest coffee followed by a stroll. Nice thing is it won't cost much.

But yes, not until after the world recovers from the pandemic. I am thinking you have a couple of months to come up with some conversation ideas.

She seems to be losing interest in me as she messages me less often now and sometimes just even reads my message with no replies. Is it because my conversation with her did not go so well, or is she no longer interested in me now because we don't have/share mutual interests? I know there has to be some mistakes I made during my conversation with her. My question is how do I talk to a girl online so she can like me at least?

You didn't necessarily make mistakes, OP. Sometimes it's just not a match.

The other factor working against you here is distance. You two are quite far away from each other with no chance to meet in person for a while. This doesn't look very promising, logistically. It's hard to maintain interest under these circumstances, especially if there are other matches closer to her.

Archived