Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7 Years Gone

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by BlankIn
    I have reached out to some people but all I really get in response is "just move on". As if it were so simple. Makes me feel a million times worse and many times I just feel like I can't deal with this pain anymore. All those memories, plans, all gone just like that. Truth be told, I'd much rather be dead than deal with this.
    To clarify, are these people you had previously lost touch with?

Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    Yeah, I mean, if these were people who were cut off from your life in favor of the guy who has since cut you off, it's not really realistic to expect sympathy from them.

If you need help with grief, research your options for finding a professional who can address your grief. But the goal of forming new connections with people you've either neglected or haven't met yet is to form new relationships. You can't do that if you're using your grief as a barrier to doing that.

Yes, some family and friends.

Platinum Member
    To be fair, you can't really expect people you distanced yourself from to be very supportive now. If you didn't maintain ties I can understand why they're not too eager to be your shoulder to cry on.

To be fair, you can't really expect people you distanced yourself from to be very supportive now. If you didn't maintain ties I can understand why they're not too eager to be your shoulder to cry on.
    I get that. I am just feeling really alone because now the one person that I leaned on for support is no longer there. My fault I guess at the end of the day.

Originally Posted by BlankIn
    I get that. I am just feeling really alone because now the one person that I leaned on for support is no longer there. My fault I guess at the end of the day.
    Give that everyone is isolated right now, consider researching emotional support resources on the Internet. Meanwhile, reach out to those with whom you want to rekindle a family or friend relationship and see what kind of support you can be to them.

In order to have a friend, we need to BE a friend. Focus on doing your part of that equation. It's the only way to learn your way back from the social isolation you built around one partner. You recognize that that was a mistake, so begin fixing it now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice