Hi all

To give some background I left to travel in October 2019 and when away met a girl who I spent a lot of time with and ended up visiting her in Singapore and we are now together. I am back living in the UK. It was great to begin with but the last couple of weeks in Singapore we started to argue. Since being in the UK we have got on well considering the distance and it's been ok. However, I recently bumped in to a girl from my home town who I used to date, and they spoke to me and explained how they miss me and want to be with me and to give it a proper go (we both travelled at different times so never worked).

My girlfriend is Singapore was planning to visit in May but due to the virus who knows when she can visit. She starts a 6 month intern in August too so once that starts she won't be able to move. she is also 19 and I am 26, and I'm looking for something serious and to settle down in the near future.

Since bumping in to my ex I keep thinking What If? and I'm not sure it can realistically work with my current long distance girlfriend and could be wasting a chance with my ex.

I'm really not sure if I'm just being fickle here or there is something up

Thanks in advance

What were you arguing about before you left Singapore?

I think you are right to have reservations about someone who is so young and so far away, regardless of this chance run-in with your ex. It just doesn't like a very viable arrangement, especially as travel restrictions will likely be in place for quite some time. The logistics are going to be complicated. You two didn't have much of a foundation before you had to be separated by distance and there's no real end date in sight.

Personally, I wouldn't have committed to someone under these circumstances to begin with. It's too complicated. My sense is that you now feel this wasn't a wise choice either, or you wouldn't be having these doubts and looking at your ex as a wasted chance.

LDRs especially after a holiday fling rarely work out. With travel bans, etc why not spare yourselves the arguments and drama and go your own ways? Just

I left to travel in October 2019 and when away met a girl who I spent a lot of time with and ended up visiting her in Singapore last couple of weeks in Singapore we started to argue.

I agree with these guys. Explore what is in front of you. You will never know until you really invest time on this one and that there might be something better with your ex. Just be careful and observant of the old patterns that got your relationship in trouble the first time around. And the girl in Singapore could end up with someone, given these global situations.

Archived