LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Sign of Rejection?

A Sign of Rejection?

So, I met a girl on a dating app. She messaged me first saying "Hi" to me, then I replied to her asking for her social media and she gave it to me. We then started to talk on the social media app, after having a decent conversation. A couple days later, I saw her being active on the dating app where we met. This gives me a question if she is still interested in me or is she looking for someone better than me. I continue to message her but her replies to my messages were slow like a few hours after I sent the message (some were even a day). I told her that it sucks to be alone and asked for her whatsapp at the same time for easier communications. Just today, she replied to my message (which she hadn't read till today) that I sent her yesterday, she replied "Yeah, it is bad to be alone I am sure" and "I don't have whatsapp but I can install it". I then replied to her message saying what I do if i get bored when I am alone and I'll be waiting for her whatsapp. Likely a few minutes later, she just read my messaged, no replies whatsoever, None! This gives me a big impression that she is rejecting me. If she is, what could be the reason of the rejection? I am not sure. But it could be very likely that she's found someone better than me. In addition to that, a few days ago, I went on the dating app to see if she was still active but she hadn't been active for a week. After a couple days later, I looked for her profile on the dating app but couldn't find her, this means she has deleted her profile and I am not sure why. What should I do now?

Unless you have met in person, you haven't met. You are just chatting with some girl online. It also sounds like you are getting way ahead of yourself with asking for her social media info and whining about being alone. You aren't dating, you haven't met and doesn't sound like you are being very interesting when it comes to just chatting. Nobody knows if she is rejecting you or not, what is clear is that she is taking this as she should - chatting with a stranger which may or may not lead to meeting face to face once this virus stuff is over. People have lives outside of you, so don't expect any girl to be glued to her phone waiting to chat and entertain you and jump to instant responses. You are reading way way way too much into nothing much.

She could have been interested in someone else before you came along and now he and she are chatting elsewhere.

Best to move on and find someone else.

@DancingFool

I know. During our first conversation. She told me she would like to meet me. That means she was very likely interested in me. But I think she might have found another guy better than me (I could be wrong), that's why she does not reply to me that much/fast. But that's okay. The only thing I think that might be a problem is that she is not telling me that she's found someone she likes instead of wasting my time.

@SherrySher

Ikr. Now I am waiting for her reply to my messages that she read. if there is no reply from her after 3 days. I will entirely forget her and move on.

Don't even wait that long, Colonel...not worth it. Go message heaps of other girls and wait for their replies.

The more you message, the better your chances are of finding the one (or even more than one) who is genuinely interested in you back and will be watching for messages from you, not the other way around.

But I think she might have found another guy better than me
    Try not to take it that way. Dating sites can be like that. Lots are messaging and it's not a personal thing.
    She might have been messaging quite a few guys before you came along and all of a sudden decided to talk to one she'd been talking with the longest.

It might not be you at all.

That's why it's better to not put all your hopes into one person. Message lots of girls and wait for the one who wants to talk to you more than the rest.

You should be doing the same.
    Originally Posted by Colonel23
    I saw her being active on the dating app where we met.

Originally Posted by Colonel23
    @DancingFool

I know. During our first conversation. She told me she would like to meet me. That means she was very likely interested in me. But I think she might have found another guy better than me (I could be wrong), that's why she does not reply to me that much/fast. But that's okay. The only thing I think that might be a problem is that she is not telling me that she's found someone she likes instead of wasting my time.
    How exactly is she wasting your time? You owe each other nothing and I don't know where you live, but most places in the world are shut down due to the virus. Not exactly a time to be dating. Her interest to meet you was likely genuine, but just because someone expresses that interest, doesn't mean much. You are not bf/gf yet you seem to be reacting like you are already that. Cool your jets. Also, you should be talking to many ladies as well. Meeting people from online is a numbers game - most matches are not going to pan out for one reason or another.

Assuming that you are being rejected because of some other guy is super insecure on your part and going to be very unattractive to women when they sense that kind of insecurity and clinginess.

That's on line dating.... people message and it can drop off. Not every message results in a meeting.

Some people don't want to message back and forth a lot before meeting. And now with the corona virus, meetings aren't happening. So they aren't as active with the messages.

Don't stop messaging other women until you meet, date for awhile and devide together to be exclusive.

Assume everyone is messaging and meeting (once we can go out again) many other people.

So long story short, yes. she is probably talking and responding to more interesting conversations.

And that does not make her a bad person. she doesn't know you or owe you anything....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice