Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't know what makes sense anymore?

On another note, if your personality and temperament are such that you just aren't cut out to sit in an office 9-5 and deal with the bs and climb the corporate ladder, nothing wrong with that. However, then you need to sort out how to start and run your own business successfully as that's your only other option. You won't get away from crazy clients and their bs, but you will cut down on the office politics and so on. So maybe stop chasing a job and start chasing business instead and by that I mean make it work for you.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by DancingFool
    On another note, if your personality and temperament are such that you just aren't cut out to sit in an office 9-5 and deal with the bs and climb the corporate ladder, nothing wrong with that. However, then you need to sort out how to start and run your own business successfully as that's your only other option. You won't get away from crazy clients and their bs, but you will cut down on the office politics and so on. So maybe stop chasing a job and start chasing business instead and by that I mean make it work for you.
    Yes and agree not to have fantasy illusions about being your own boss. Your clients are still your boss.

Originally Posted by DancingFool
    I agree with you here. I actually decided to just learn this stack to get into more of a corporate environment which is more secure and better paying then what I was working with initially. I planned to use the income to supplement my passion for indie game development.

Iíve made a lot of progress, I just get depressed here and there thatís all. I feel like Iíll always be depressed in that it is relative to my expectations. I know that if I can manage those, then I will be a more stable person overall. Itís good talking thou, Iím a little more relaxed and have acquired more of a direction since I last posted.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Delacrank
    I agree with you here. I actually decided to just learn this stack to get into more of a corporate environment which is more secure and better paying then what I was working with initially. I planned to use the income to supplement my passion for indie game development.

Iíve made a lot of progress, I just get depressed here and there thatís all. I feel like Iíll always be depressed in that it is relative to my expectations. I know that if I can manage those, then I will be a more stable person overall. Itís good talking thou, Iím a little more relaxed and have acquired more of a direction since I last posted.
    This is good news!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity
Give Advice
Ask For Advice