First date and he kicked me out

oneubaile

Matched with a guy on bumble who’s 36 I’m 23. After I messaged him first he asked for my number and he took about a week and a half to text but I was out of town by then. We agreed once I’d be back that we would grab some coffee and he was very bland and cut throat through txts but I figured he was busy or maybe he wasn’t the txting type. It was always on his terms saying “I’m free this day let’s meet at x.. 8pm”. When the day came to get coffee I was driving into town and he canceled on me saying he picked up a shift and I told him it was fine since I was driving all day and was tired and to enjoy his shift but then he never replied and so I deleted our msgs and didn’t bother adding him as a contact. Weeks pass and an unsaved number txts me “Quarantine and wine?” Find out its him so I reply with “I thought you weren’t interested?” And then he says “Sunday my place 8pm”. I was so curious so I met up and we kinda had the same sense of humor and made him laugh a couple times. We were sitting in the couch on opposite sides facing eachother and then he says “come closer” I say “you come.. I’m the dominant one you’re the sub” jokingly and then he gets up and opens his door and says “you can leave unless you apologize” and I tell him “are you serious? I was kidding!” And he says “that was very rude” and so I chug my wine and leave and thank him for the wine and he closes the door.. did I go too far? I feel humiliated and embarrassed.

No, actually you dodged the bullet and you should be very happy how things went down. This has "booty call"written all over it: the lack of effort on his side, the age difference, the intermittent contact. Why are you going to a stranger's home? You haven't met this person before and are willing to put your health/safety at risk? I really think you need to be more careful and only meet men from dating sites IN PUBLIC PLACES.

What he wanted was a quick sex and then kick you out. But you acted cocky, annoyed him and he kicked you out before having sex with you. You should consider yourself lucky. And please, quit selling yourself short. Insist on proper dates...after the Covid-19.

Please, stay home and stay safe.

A 36 year old??!! He could be your father, what the heck do you want him for?

I'm sorry but that's just nasty. The age difference is way too huge a gap.

I will also remind you that people are meant to be staying home. This includes you! Do you not understand STAYING HOME? It's not a game, people are dying.

If you're not worried about your health, at least care about being a carrier and getting others sick.

Going out right now is an incredibly selfish thing to do.

No offence, but it was foolish to make the meet this weirdo's place. Worse was accepting a drink which could have been spiked. Use common sense. If you are looking for a fetish situation, stick to those sites. Delete and block. Live and learn.

I say “you come.. I’m the dominant one you’re the sub”
No offence, but it was foolish to make the meet this weirdo's place. Worse was accepting a drink which could have been spiked. Use common sense. If you are looking for a fetish situation, stick to those sites. Delete and block. Live and learn.
Op,

Thank God you are ok. This was very foolish of you for many reasons. Its very dangerous to go into someone that you never met's home. A profile on line could be anyone or a group of people. You just never know.

Why did you meet him? He was rude and curt over text. Are you just lonely?

Honestly, I do not understand why you even responded to this clown, after he did not respond for 1.5 weeks. From there, it really went downhill.

He showed you he was disrespectful from the start: "he was very bland and cut throat through txts but I figured he was busy or maybe he wasn’t the txting type. It was always on his terms saying “I’m free this day let’s meet at x.. 8pm”. When the day came to get coffee I was driving into town and he canceled on me saying he picked up a shift" Any one of these should have been enough for you never to deal with him again.

You need to expect more from men, as he has shown you that he was not into you from the start, and only wanted a booty call. You should also not be doing all of the work. You are going to him on all of these occasions. You are way too available.

You thanked him for the wine after he insulted you? UGH! You should be pizzed, and you are questioning what you did.

Show yourself more value and expect more. Also, we are in a pandemic, why are you going out?

Please tell us you are not dating during the stay at home order!!!

Were you two wearing gloves? Did you sterilize everything before you sat down? Did you sterilize after leaving his place? Do you know if he sterilized the wine glass?

I cannot believe some people are still trying to date!

Were you two wearing gloves? Did you sterilize everything before you sat down? Did you sterilize after leaving his place? Do you know if he sterilized the wine glass?

Look at all of the selfish people we see on TV. People do not care! I live in the US epicenter (NYC). My poor city!!! So many are dying and out of work, and people are going about their normal activities like nothing is going on.

And then he says “Sunday my place 8pm”. I was so curious so I met up and we kinda had the same sense of humor and made him laugh a couple times. We were sitting in the couch on opposite sides facing eachother and then he says “come closer” I say “you come.. I’m the dominant one you’re the sub” jokingly and then he gets up and opens his door and says “you can leave unless you apologize” and I tell him “are you serious? I was kidding!” And he says “that was very rude” and so I chug my wine and leave and thank him for the wine and he closes the door.. did I go too far?

You did the right thing.

did I go too far?

Yes, in these ways:

----Meeting up with some random, disrespectful dude despite your better judgment

----Putting your self-interest before the rest of the world when people are getting sick.

But otherwise, you acted appropriately.

What a jerk! He seems way too sensitive and has no sense of humour. To kick you out like that was inexcusable. I understand that dating during Covid is hard but don't accept any more first dates at a man's place, especially when alcohol is involved.

It makes no sense to go to the home of a stranger, much less during a quarantine. It's good that he kicked you out rather than harm you, but you've got 14 days or so to learn whether you've been infected through his lack of good judgment as well as your own.

While your concerns are valid, I feel like the thing you should also be concerned about is her going to a stranger's house who she's never met.

While your concerns are valid, I feel like the thing you should also be concerned about is her going to a stranger's house who she's never met.

Who says I wasn't?

However, the OP should also be mindful of not only getting herself sick but those she encounters throughout her day.

Anyway, she hasn't come back since she posted.

Archived