Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is he over sensitive or did I overreact?

Run. 👟👟 Now you "have issues and are silly". He's a creep. Don't be in this jerk's fan club.
    Originally Posted by TanyaJo
    Depends if you want to
    I guess I made it clear that I don't expect you to have issues with me having female friends
    And you made it clear you don't want me to send photos of them
    You know I REALLY like you, so please don't be silly about other girls

So he's saying you need to play by his rules if you want the honor of his attention. And if you don't want to, that's YOUR fault, not his.

What a loser.

Block him like yesterday.

Platinum Member
    Why are you investing so much into someone you went on one date with?

This guy is a total loser. You need to be more discerning when it comes to men.

True, I will move on and put an end to this. Not an other month to be wasted on this.

Originally Posted by TanyaJo
    No, he did not come back with any comforting message for if I'd be hurt. When I asked if we have to speak about this and decide if to end this here or move forward, this was his reply

Depends if you want to
    I guess I made it clear that I don't expect you to have issues with me having female friends
    And you made it clear you don't want me to send photos of them
    You know I REALLY like you, so please don't be silly about other girls

I don't know how to take this. My issue was never about him having female friends but about the photos he sent with them.
    I still think it's a power game. would you send pics of hot girls to another girl?? I know gay lads have alot of sexy gfs and they have very close platonic friendships with them-i've seen them send pics being picked up, kissed etc by girls..but a hetero guy!?? sorry, still think it's a red flag. It's NOT about the gender. we all know it's fine to have the other gender as a platonic mate--it's about the hotness and sending girl pics to a new date. weeeeeird! DUMP AND RUN!

Before using a dating app, decide WHY you want to use it. If it's to meet men, then use the app to screen out the people you don't want to meet and set up quick coffee meets with those who you DO want to meet.

Meeting is the goal, not building e-fantasies 'about' people you don't even know. Skip that, set up quick meets for on your way home from work, and if you're stood up by anyone, just take your coffee with you--nothing lost.

Don't play e-games with anyone. If he's not up for meeting, skip him and move on to the next potential meet. Agree to check one another out for 15 to 30 minutes, neither can corner the other for a real date on the spot, but either can invite the other afterward. If the answer is yes, the other responds, if not, then no response is necessary.

This takes squirmy rejection stuff off the table, and it allows for the fact that most people will NOT be a good match for a date. That's not cynical, it's just natural odds. It's a needle in the haystack thing, and it's a level playing field for everyone.

The goal is to eventually stumble across someone who 'gets you,' with whom you share simpatico and ease. Allow bad matches to pass early, there will be plenty of those. Skip anyone who makes you feel lousy or confused, and you don't need a 'good enough' reason to do that--it's about finding the RIGHT match, not catering to some imaginary judge and jury.

Nobody else is living your love life for you, so nobody else gets a vote. Gone are the days when we need to justify to friends or family why we don't want to keep dating some guy who's perfect on paper but doesn't synergize with us in the way we want to share time with a potential partner.

Head high, and skip the shmoes.

8. 03-30-2020, 08:29 AM

Thank you all for the advice.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Videos

What Does Betrayal Do To Relationships?

What Is Good To Know About The First Date

Online Dating Websites Most Frequently Used By Older Adults

Blogging Helps New Moms Handle Parental Stress

What Do Men And Women Want In A Relationship?

Benefits Of Online Education
Give Advice
Ask For Advice