Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My GF is sharing screenshots of our Messages with other people...

My GF is sharing screenshots of our Messages with other people...

Hi,

My girlfriend who is 31 to be precise likes to send a screenshot of my message to her on WhatsApp or Messanger to one of her friends or work colleagues (we both work in the same place)

She wants their advice so shell feel better that she is right and I am the bad guy. I asked her not to do it many times as I feel this is personal and just between us.

Recently she shared one message with our friend and I was talking about him in this message.

Is it just me thinking it's unacceptable? Isn't it private? In my opinion she has no right to do it... She stays she doesn't do anything wrong....

What do you think?

Thanks

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    She is doing something completely inappropriate. If you have asked her to stop and she wonít you may have to reconsider this relationship.

This is middle school behavior and at her age she should know better. The fact that you felt the need to ask her to stop should tell you where this is going.

Time to think...

At the end of the day every message must be treated as if it will be forwarded/screenshotted. Common practice these days. I agree that if this bothers you and you donít trust her not to do it that it is a problem....but you already asked her to stop and she didnít...so now what? Stop returning texts for a while and only talk on the phone? I donít know man.

Platinum Member
    Totally inappropriate. I would reconsider this relationship.

How long have you been dating?

If she was 12 I'd expect this. At 31, no. Either be extremely careful what you text her or just dont text her at all. She is wrong.

Platinum Member
    She is too old to be behaving like this, and yes, it's a complete violation of appropriate boundaries in a relationship. Stop texting her altogether. Call her when you want to talk to her; she will be mad, I imagine, but that's what happens when one person continues to disrespect the other in this way.

My guess is that this is a symptom of deeper problems in the relationship, though. How are things in general between you two?

Stop texting her. Do not email, message or leave voicemail. This way there will be nothing at show-and-tell time. Immediately delete and block her and all her people from all your devices, messaging apps and social media. She is undermining you and paying judge and jury with your coworkers.

This woman (acting like a teen) has no respect, boundaries, common sense or integrity. Reconsider dating a nasty brat like this. Just end it and your headaches with this trouble maker will be over. End it in person in private.
    Originally Posted by zarruler
    likes to send a screenshot of my message to her on WhatsApp or Messanger to one of her friends or work colleagues we both work in the same place

Platinum Member
    Stop texting her. If she complains, tell her you feel violated. Which is truly is.

Originally Posted by zarruler
    Hi,

My girlfriend who is 31 to be precise likes to send a screenshot of my message to her on WhatsApp or Messanger to one of her friends or work colleagues (we both work in the same place)

She wants their advice so shell feel better that she is right and I am the bad guy. I asked her not to do it many times as I feel this is personal and just between us.

Recently she shared one message with our friend and I was talking about him in this message.

Is it just me thinking it's unacceptable? Isn't it private? In my opinion she has no right to do it... She stays she doesn't do anything wrong....

What do you think?

Thanks
    Stop texting her and only use the phone to SPEAK to her with your voice. Her behaviour is the utmost of inappropriate and insecure bordering on attention whorism. IMNSHO
    One has to wonder why you kept texting her when you've told her more than once already that you don't want her doing it. After the talking to her, the first time she did it again, I would have never text her again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice