Mommy issues

I just got into a fight with my mother. let me explain. the first time she screamed at me was because i did not bring her phone charger to where she was but i told her i bought it to where it was because thats where she had last used it and i thought she would use it there again, then she yelled at me some more and basically saying if thats where i saw her going if it looked like she was staying there or going outside then she proceeded to carry a pot with her outside ( we have an stove you can use outside and she was planning to cook). when she was outside i saw and realized that she had left some stuff behind so i figured she would come back for them so i left her charger l them where she would obviously see it. and she did, when she came back inside and yelled and asked me why i hadn't charged her phone, then she proceed to, i don't know how to explain it but my mom weigh-lifts, so she kinda took both her hands and with my hand, incredible impact, s and mashed my head together with her hands like a sandwich. this is not the first time shes hit me like this. but i had, had, quit enough of her today already she had gotten mad at me all day for the little things for nothing, ex: normally if i did something wrong she would yell at me or whatever, but she did that exact same thing so i thought i was doing a good thing by fixing it for her. nope. but anyways i sort of tried to avoid her slap, didn't really work but i attempted to. she saw this as me fighting back and she got really angry. then she started yelling about me screaming at me calling me names, and i'd enough self hate to have to deal with her so i yelled back, she kept trying to hit me again and again and i did not want to be hit i was just sick and tired because she always did this so i tried to avoid it over and over again, i never hit if anything i pushed her away from me to get her away and to stop her. then at one point she corned me to where i was sitting on the floor forced my head under her basically pinning down my head and hand and she beat me beat my back my head over and over, it seemed impossible that i would get out from under there but i did. mid fight i trying to tell her what she was doing was wrong that she was the reason why i'd fell into depression so many times and was suicidal, but it was pointless, all she could see was anger.

was i in the wrong did i do something wrong? how do i get out of this? i cant run away b/cuz i have no one to go to and i really doubt my father would take me in? i just need help and advice, i feel trapped and scared.

i kind of wished she had killed me while she was beating me, it wouldve put an end to my misery and especially but her away to where she wouldnt be able to hurt my siblings

im scared too, shes always threatened me to go to the police but says that i'd be put into foster care and bad things can happen there. i want to but im scared

You won't go into foster care if your father is available. Why do you think he would refuse to allow you to live with him when you're being abused?

I am terribly sorry you're going through this, OP. She is abusive, full stop, and you do not deserve it. Know that.

Please call your father. Don't let your mom know you're going to contact him. There is a strong possibility she's been lying to you about his interest in you, and actively alienating you from him. You don't know he won't take you in until you speak to him yourself. Your mom is not to be trusted here.

Are you in contact with any other family members? Aunts, uncles, grandparents?

• 2 months later...

Hi I just saw this. I am so so sorry. That is awful. Please please please get out of there and don't lose hope. If you call the police they will figure everything out and based on what you've said I am sure your father would take you. Please please don't be scared to call law enforcement or go with your father. I know it's scary to think about what your mother said about your father not wanting you or her in his life, but you are his daughter. That is her perspective and yes, he probably very much does not want your mother back in his life, but that does not mean he doesn't want you back in his life. What she said is very clouded by their relationship and her feelings and applies to her, not you. Please please please don't be scared to reach out for help.

Archived