LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 17 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your new routines?

What are your new routines?

I hope everyone is staying safe right now!

I'd love to hear everyone's new routines while staying at home, and what has or hasn't changed for you. Especially, from people who work from home, while having young children in the house.

My fiance and I are currently working from home, while trying to entertain our almost 3 year old daughter. I find it pretty challenging to entertain our little one sometimes, while we are glued to the computers. We have tried to set up a bit of a schedule, and it's helped. We wake up at the same time and make some coffee. Fiance makes us all breakfast while checking emails, delegating work to the team, and LO and I do some toddler yoga. Afterwards I go upstairs and start working, while she has her own little desk set up next to mine and she draws with me. This lasts a good while, but usually she gets bored and bugs her dad downstairs a bit. I work until lunch and start cooking with her. We all eat together and I try to go for a run outside around the house, while listening to podcasts. Currently it's The Great Influenza, very light and uplifting reading material!

Usually around this time the TV gets turned on for a bit. The guilt is strong, but we gotta do what we gotta do. Maybe 2 hours later, after we try to get as much work done as possible, while LO is engrossed in Scooby Doo or her Kindle, I play with her upstairs and try to really engage. Dollhouse, role play, reading books, counting etc. Hide and Seek is also a favorite, especially when she gives her position away as soon as I try to find her. This is also usually when I pour myself a glass of wine. Before people try to send me to AA, I don't do this every day, but quarantines call for a bit of rule breaking.

Now I get to work more and fiance plays with her or we do some more emergency TV time, depending on how easy going LO is. Once I'm done around 5:30, LO and I take our daily bath together and she plays with her little plastic fish, while I read a chapter of my book. Fiance gets some quiet time to himself or starts making dinner. We eat together a bit later and soon after LO does her bedtime routine and I tuck her in. Now it's either chatting on the porch with more wine, Netflix or each one does their own thing. Usually some video games for fiance and for me my current crime novel. Lately I'm trying to do some home exercise while fiance does his thing and LO sleeps. Hopefully I can keep this up.

Not the most thrilling read, but to anyone who did finish, maybe you got some ideas or feel less guilty about the chaos with kids or too much TV time. Would love to hear what everyone else is up to these days!

Platinum Member
    I'm a medical supplies distributor, so I go in each day. It's been stressful and crazy here since end of January. And currently not allowing any visitors, but the mailman.

But my husband got laid off in February, so while it sucks, it has been good timing since all the school are closed, and they've been setting up virtual learning and classes for the kids including my son's preschool. It's still a sh*t show though just getting through everything. Managing both kids was hard the 1st week. Today, they are making loaves of bread. I have friends who are working from home, but with kids and conference calls, I think everyone just needs to accept there may be screaming kids in the background.

I've just been walking outside daily (when weather permits) and on the treadmill (when it doesn't permit). I've been on the computer a lot as well. The hubby and I (thank god we find each other's sense of humour hilarious. I think it's what has helped us to stay together for 43 years) have been catching up on all the movies we haven't seen that are being released through streaming etc.

My home has never been cleaner.

I miss having my daughter and her family over for dinner and general visiting.

Platinum Member
    Oh yeah. Haven't seen my dad in a long time, either have my kids - not willing to risk exposing him.

We're both retired, and we've been working in the yard and I've been cleaning out closets. I'm still walking at least 2 miles a day.

There is no hand sanitizer to be had. Anyone have a good homemade recipe?

The World Health Organization site has an approved recipe on its site but damned if I know where to find any of the ingredients it calls for.

Labatt's Brewery here has converted some of its huge brewing vats to make hand sanitizer to give to first responders and the medical community as well as nursing homes. I fear for those brave souls.

I looked up the WHO recipe, but the main ingredient is isopropyl alcohol, which can't be found either.

From the CDC:
    Wash Your Hands Often to Stay Healthy
    You can help yourself and your loved ones stay healthy by washing your hands often, especially during these key times when you are likely to get and spread germs:

Before, during, and after preparing food
    Before eating food
    Before and after caring for someone at home who is sick with vomiting or diarrhea
    Before and after treating a cut or wound
    After using the toilet
    After changing diapers or cleaning up a child who has used the toilet
    After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
    After touching an animal, animal feed, or animal waste
    After handling pet food or pet treats
    After touching garbage

[Register to see the link]

I hope you can stay safe out there tattoo bunny! I have endless respect for people like you!
    Iím sorry your husband was laid off. I hope itís not too much of a financial burden on your family at the moment. Iím crossing my fingers for better times soon. Definitely a saving grace for homeschooling though! I agree, work is slower than normal and meetings are interesting with the little one dancing or taking off her pants in the background. Thankfully everyone understands.

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    I've just been walking outside daily (when weather permits) and on the treadmill (when it doesn't permit). I've been on the computer a lot as well. The hubby and I (thank god we find each other's sense of humour hilarious. I think it's what has helped us to stay together for 43 years) have been catching up on all the movies we haven't seen that are being released through streaming etc.

My home has never been cleaner.

I miss having my daughter and her family over for dinner and general visiting.
    Haha I hear you on the clean home. Itís been my number one hobby for weekends. Nice spring cleaning every Saturday and the garage has never been more tidy.
    Cab you recommend any good movies?

Page 1 of 17 1234 ... LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice