Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your new routines?

I have been telecommuting for 2 weeks now and I do feel like I am more efficient and focused on my work than in the office. I am an introvert too and maybe I am weird because I enjoy documentaries/history channel in the background when I work. I have been able to do errands and work simultaneously and have more time after work to go for hour long walk with the dog and prep and cook dinner.

Things I enjoy about my new schedule:
    1) Not rushing out the door to make it in time for work. I get enough sleep to log on Skype and start working and making coffee for me and my husband. If I feel up for it, I will make a quick breakfast while reading and working.
    2) Not having to wake up really early for a 30 min walk with the dog before I go to work. I walk the dog on my lunch time now.
    3) Not having to deal with traffic and rude drivers. Ah yes, maybe that's why I have been smiling more.

Things I don't enjoy:
    1) I am still new to the job so I pretty much can't just walk up to a colleague/boss and ask a question by showing them the data/information. it takes time to draft a written question and reviewing it to make sure it makes sense or if I am asking correctly. Simple question I can just ask but now it takes 15-30 minutes of me writing it and overanalyzing it before I push the send button!
    2) I still can't seem to find eggs no matter what time or day I've gone this past 4 days!
    3) Panic shoppers everywhere. Every time I have gone to a store I've witnessed people fighting and it's always over toilet paper and water or who cut who.
    4) I have not visited my parents for 2 weeks now and they are both in their 60s and 70s. I call them but it's not the same as visiting. I will be visiting them this week but it's a process now because my brother (primary caretaker) expects us to wear mask, gloves and a body suit.
    5) My dog miss his friends at the dog park.

Originally Posted by Skeptic76
    Can’t wait to get out and surf.
    Right there with you! I guess I could go, but for some reason it feels...not right? Though the cams are filled with surfers, it's a solo sport, so maybe I'm overthinking? Wonder if we hit the same waves...

Glad to hear your son is on the road to recovery. I have two friends who very likely came down with it. Didn't get tested, but have the major symptoms. Both are coming out on the other side.

About two weeks ago, maybe less—my sense of time is atrophying—I went surfing and, a few hours later, came down with a fever. Was wiped for half a day. Then was fine. Was that this thing? Don't know.

Lots of words, per usual, to say: sending good vibes down the PCH to you and yours.

Bluecastle, have you seen the pics from HB? I hope it's sensationalist journalism and not fact.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Bluecastle, have you seen the pics from HB? I hope it's sensationalist journalism and not fact.
    No, when were these? What were these?

Originally Posted by bluecastle
    No, when were these? What were these?
    It was on Yahoo News. Crowds of people at the beach, walking down the boardwalk (strand?) and on the beach. I don't know the exact day the pic was taken but the caption says "over the weekend".

[Register to see the link]

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    It was on Yahoo News. Crowds of people at the beach, walking down the boardwalk (strand?) and on the beach. I don't know the exact day the pic was taken but the caption says "over the weekend"
    Unnerving images, for sure.

I haven't been to HB since this all happened—have only been once in my life. Haven't been to any beaches, actually, but the ones I surf, judging from the surf cams, are pretty desolate, ditto Venice and Santa Monica, if my social media feeds are to be believed. I've gone on a few hikes in LA—one yesterday—which was "crowded" in the sense that I wasn't alone, but hardly shoulder to shoulder. My personal experience of Los Angeles right now—a very, very narrow one, since I've primally been indoors, walking in the hood, or driving to a hiking trail—has been one of distance: few people, few cars, eerily empty highways.

So perhaps a touch sensationalistic, that one? LA, while a crowded city, is also a notoriously isolating and isolated one on any given day. I've also heard through a few grapevines that the current measures are being enforced. Girlfriend tells me that a parent at the school was ticketed $200 for talking to a neighbor at less than 6 feet.

Strange times. Day by day.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by SarahLancaster
    I looked up the WHO recipe, but the main ingredient is isopropyl alcohol, which can't be found either.
    I was able to snag two bottles at a 24 hour CVS. Ask when their shipments come in.

Thanks man! It’s impossible to get a test in L.A. today - unless you are bad enough to be hospitalized. So it could be a common cold or flu...but I did hear there was this corona bug going around right now so....

My home break is Cabrillo Beach in San Pedro. The furthest south I get is Bolsa Chica on the regular. The furthest North I Usually go is El Porto. my FAVORITE spot is Pipes in Cardiff but I don’t get down there much. So if you’re ever paddling out at any of those places PM me and we’ll surf six feet apart!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Lambert
    Hahahahaha I love it.

My greatest fear is after all the countermeasures and tidal waves of epidemic areas, will there be a resurgence? What happens in the summer or Autumn?

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Videos

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity
Give Advice
Ask For Advice