Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your new routines?

Oh we loves us some good Stephen King. If you can get Mr. Mercedes... it's a pretty good series.

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    Oh we loves us some good Stephen King. If you can get Mr. Mercedes... it's a pretty good series.
    Thanks, I'll check it out!

Originally Posted by greendots
    Among other things, I am embracing this time to read, reflect on life, watch movies/tv, connect with family & friends online/phone and lead a healthier lifestyle. I'm only paying attention to the news when necessary (it's good to be informed) and I'm nurturing my self with anything that is empowering or uplifting.

I've got a little bit of hand sanitizer left, but I am using it very sparingly at the moment. None at the shops left.
    Reading so much right now, I love it!

Platinum Member
    Thanks so much for asking and sharing! So the big changes for me are one that I get no me time really other than my daily power walk at dawn (2.3-.5 miles)- other than -well, that's awesome for me. My building had a small workout room -has -but now it's closed because of this. Please don't think I'm complaining about anything I write as we are fortunate in many ways!!
    We have an 11 year old -schools are closed -online learning kind of lame for now. Afterschool online activities are better and I've been researching other online resources with success. Both our offices are closed. I am part time and light on work so far -he is more than full time and busier than ever. And again -please- not to complain -but since I can't have my twice monthly cleaners come and since my son is home 24/7 I'm doing a lot more cooking and food prep.

We're doing our best to do social distancing. I'm a firm believer in getting some time outdoors daily if at all possible -so my power walk, husband does the same, and son comes with one of us for a solitary walk (we live down the block from a gorgeous park which I don't think they will close as homeless people live in it - I always do my first power walk on my own though -too early for him to be out and often it's before they get up!). We all feel kind of out of sorts- especially our son.
    I've tried to keep up a routine with some success. My son and I when this started did a brainstorming list of activities by category and then for a couple of days, using the list ,created a more specific, detailed schedule for the day.

I am really thankful to be healthy - been 3 weeks since we traveled domestically, over 2 weeks since I went to my office and took public transportation and Friday will be two weeks since my son was in school. Thank goodness no reported cases yet in any of those places.

Becky I wish you and your family well!

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    At home wash your hands. Follow CDC recommendations. Only use hand sanitizer when out. Keep surfaces in your environment clean.
    Well, that's the problem. There is no sanitizer to be had here.

not any here either and I do believe we are on the other sides of the world from one another.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by BecxyRex
    Reading so much right now, I love it!
    Sweet!! Any recommendations? Nothing terrifying please as I get scared easily. :)

Re movies: Like ThatWasThen, I also recommend you watch "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood". Really gripping film. Narcos Mexico is pretty incredible too. I could go on.

Re hand sanitizer: I think that's a worldwide problem. Similarly for masks.

Lucky people who get to go outside 😒

Iím in quarantine with my 18 yo who has covid (getting close to fully recovered) and my 12 yo. We havenít shown any symptoms yet but itís only day 7 out of 14.

We are eating three meals a day together so thatís really fun and gives us something to structure the day around. My 18 yo is mostly playing video games and on his phone talking/texting to friends. My daughter does a few hours of online schoolwork on the weekdays. Weíve watched a metric ishton of movies (tonight we are finishing the LOTR trilogy.)

Board and card games have been fun too.

Canít wait to get out and surf or go for a jog. Just a walk in the park would be tremendous lol.

This meme pretty much sums me up I'm fully capable of entertaining myself for as long as I have to. I am enjoying the break. I realize not everyone is made this way and I feel for those going stir crazy...

I've traded dinners and drinks with family and friends for phone calls. I've worked from home for years, so no real change there.

I just miss my parents. I've been staying away for weeks now, but trying to just remain hopeful and grateful... we'll all get through this... hoping me and new dude make it through the separation...

I'm reading, napping, cooking and being healthier. I'm following all the old advice: lots of fruits and veggies, liquids, vitamin c and exercise. I have my own exercise equipment.

And of course posting here with all of you!

We will get through this. Just be smart and stay away!

I'm still doing my daily run, checking on and running errands for neighbors, and chasing my 2 almost 3 y/o around the house.

Fortunately with my husband being a CPA, he's been able to work from home. Other than that we've been playing Cribbage more often, and keeping up with cooking healthy meals.

Be well and be safe out there, everyone.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice