LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 14151617

Thread: What are your new routines?

Gold Member
    I don't mind Zoom as it's way better than texting and with the right friends it's actually fun! I have to say though that I limit Zoom meetings otherwise it'd be quite taxing. I couldn't imagine having to spend an entire day in front of a screen, like some teachers and other workers have to do at present.

It is kinda funny! Not sure what all Id talk about With a llama, but maybe they have unlocked the secrets to a happy life and we don’t know? 🤪 if that money goes to feeding and caring for the animals I could think of worse things to offer.

Oh I thought it linked to wisemans post. This was a response to you wiseman!

Getting sick of it but what can we do?😷 Nice to see outdoor (spaced) tables and people still wearing masks and taking things seriously.🍻 Kind of dread when it gets colder.

"Brazil and the U.S. Drive New Coronavirus Infections. The W.H.O. reported more than 183,000 new cases, the largest one-day increase so far, as the global tally inched toward nine million".
    [Register to see the link]
    Last edited by Wiseman2; 06-22-2020 at 05:50 PM.

List of national chains requiring masks keeps growing. In many states, stores have the discretion not to allow customers without them.

[Register to see the link]

Platinum Member
    It is so bizarre to.me that a site like this called enotalone would barely have a mention of COVID and how it has impacted our lives. Just by skimming over what people are posting about you could scarcely notice any difference before and after COVID. It almost seems like this site is serving as an escape from reality wich you wouldnt think is the purpose.

As far as what mask wearing here it hasnt taken off yet but then there have been only a few isolated cases so far. 10 cases right now in a city of 70,000 is considered a flare-up. When I visit mom even outside the carehome and now when I have work at the airport I am required to wear one. Nice to see disposable masks selling for 10 cents each and more hand sanitizer that you could ever need available here.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by lukeb
    It is so bizarre to.me that a site like this called enotalone would barely have a mention of COVID and how it has impacted our lives. Just by skimming over what people are posting about you could scarcely notice any difference before and after COVID. It almost seems like this site is serving as an escape from reality wich you wouldnt think is the purpose.

As far as what mask wearing here it hasnt taken off yet but then there have been only a few isolated cases so far. 10 cases right now in a city of 70,000 is considered a flare-up. When I visit mom even outside the carehome and now when I have work at the airport I am required to wear one. Nice to see disposable masks selling for 10 cents each and more hand sanitizer that you could ever need available here.
    I see a major difference. Look at Seraphim's thread for example?? I am so thankful for her starting and continuing to interact so much on that thread-it's like a hug from afar many days. Many of the posts and threads otherwise are covid related in some fashion.I'm glad it's safe where you are and that is not the case where I am.

Luke.

Assuredly there isn't a chance of escaping from the constant barrage of news, not to say, panic-mongering, about Covid.

I no longer watch the news, and only check the WHO website now and then.

An escape from reality is now harm now and then.

I'm in the Northeast so things were BAD here for a while (early in the pandemic) but now people are doing the right things and the case numbers are way, way down. We are "doing it right" per the experts. That said, life isn't back to normal and I don't see it returning to normal for a long while. I mask up when I go to public areas, the only time I don't mask up is when I see my family (they are isolating in the middle of nowhere) or if I go walking in a more rural area.

I get tested weekly for work and I wear PPE at work (mask, shield/googles, gloves, gowns, etc) Maybe some think I'm being careless by not using a mask when I see family but that's the ONLY human contact I get and we are both isolating so I think I'm okay. I live alone and I have no partner. I will get takeout but I don't go to bars, sit-down restaurants (again, takeout ok), etc. I won't see friends or travel. Haven't had any recreational events or anything. I sit at home a lot. Life is boring but what can you do?

What I don't understand is how people are continuing to date. I don't mean with established partners, I mean going out and meeting new people. That boggles my mind.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 14151617

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice